• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    Volleyball knee pads will certainly work. I prefer wearing a pair of "tactical" pants, such as those made by 5.11 that have interior pockets into which you can place foam pads. These remain in place all the time and do not constrict circulation.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm going to a class and need to buy some knee pads, can you please suggest something I can buy locally that are decent?

There are two Army Navy surplus stores on the Southeast side of Indy within a few miles of one another. Both have bins full of surplus knee pads.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm going to a class and need to buy some knee pads, can you please suggest something I can buy locally that are decent?

What kind of surface will your knees be meeting? If it's gravel or something similarly hard or abrasive, I would consider knee pads with a hard shell.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Masonry knee pads from Home Depot or Lowe's. They are flat, so no rolling, and jelly filled for added comfort.

Have used them at carbine and general purpose rifle classes for a long time.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I use mil surplus elbow & knee pads when needed. Inexpensive at $6-10 a set. Easy on and off when needed.
    It takes a while for your elbow to heal after a couple days shooting on stone or gravel or similar.
    Any set would likely work and it just depends on how much you want to spend since they all do the same thing.
    If you wear them though you may up your game. I know I’m more apt to push myself if I have them on. Kneel in glass or other sharp environments etc etc. You know how it is when you step on a lego barefoot in the middle of the night (if you don’t then you ain’t training)
    Put them on before you need them just like with rain gear.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My girlfriend uses one of those gardener pads. I's works great for the hard tile and wood floors. And this way when she's done, it's not attached to her and it's one less thing to take off.

Wait...
    Why do you need them again? :dunno:

Top Bottom