• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Anyone have any first hand experience with the us optics mcrs? Looks to be an all metal design that has the same footprint as the shield. Cant find if its made in US or not.
    Hoping this would with with my new p365xl which accepts the shield rmsc.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't have one but I have contacted USO about it. They are made in the UK, have a polymer coated glass lens and are shipped to USO for final quality control checks. It's basically a Shield with a better lens and backed by a USO warranty. I'm thinking pretty seriously about one.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I don't have one but I have contacted USO about it. They are made in the UK, have a polymer coated glass lens and are shipped to USO for final quality control checks. It's basically a Shield with a better lens and backed by a USO warranty. I'm thinking pretty seriously about one.

This makes me interested, been looking at a P365Xl seriously but I don't really like the Shield or Sigs optic very much due to the polymer housings / lens both have

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I went ahead and ordered one last night. ZR Tactical will be milling my Glock 45 slide to accept it. I'll update when I have a chance to put my hands on it and give it a once over.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Dropped my G45 slide off at ZR Tactical yesterday and picked it up today since the MCRS was coming in as well. Zach did an outstanding job machining the slide and thus far I'm really liking the MCRS. Sits nice and low (largest attraction for me) and the glass is extremely clear compared to other sights I've used. Put a few rounds through the pistol getting it zeroed and followed those up with another 40 rounds and it's performing as expected so far. I've got a few more things on the way for this setup (light, sights, magwell, trigger shoe) before it's done but I plan to ring it out thoroughly to make sure it holds zero.

4xYsrDnh.jpg

LcQlq2oh.jpg

PsJWXiOh.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well, we're not off to a super great start with the MCRS. I noticed there was a difference in appearance around the mating surface between the body of the optic and the lens. I took some photos and sent USO an email asking about it. I just received their response and it appears the "seeding" is coming loose (their terminology). They have offered to replace it for me and ship a new one the same day they receive this one. Not a big complaint from me, things happen and as long as they're resolved appropriately I don't waste the energy getting upset. Wish it hadn't made it through QC, or maybe it happened in transit, either way it is what it is.

mN4CHQxh.jpg

tFANBAyh.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    ^^^
    Looking forward to seeing how US Optics handles this. Because in all honesty if you like it I will be getting a Sig P365XL and mounting one of these.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So far they’ve been great. They’re sending me a return shipping label so it won’t cost any money out of my pocket.

It also adjusted properly and held zero in spite of the flaw which is a good sign that it’s reasonably well built.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So far they’ve been great. They’re sending me a return shipping label so it won’t cost any money out of my pocket.

It also adjusted properly and held zero in spite of the flaw which is a good sign that it’s reasonably well built.

Thanks phylo I really appreciate it !

Top Bottom