• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    I am looking for advise on cleaning my range bag. I don't mean cleaning it out. I mean washing it. Mine got really dirty and I need to throw it in the washer. But not sure if that is a good idea or even realistic. When I did a quick search everything was setting it up or organizing. I need to know if it is ok to just throw it in the washer. My bag is fairly large and heavy nylon and/or canvas. (I have 2 that need cleaned). Can anyone advise if this is a good idea or if there is a better idea or way to clean it.

I wasn't sure where to post this question and I hope this is the right forum.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    If it's pretty oily, it would be a good opportunity to put a turbo on the pressure washer. And don't forget the safety glasses. Safety first.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you're iffy about your home washing machine and what your better half may say - you can go to a laundry mat and do it there.

Or, I'd probably get a scrub brush, dish soap, a bucket of warm water, and the hose. Then I'd sit on another upturned bucket and scrub. Then let it dry in the sun.

That method will be easier on all the joints/seams/hardware than a washer + it'll actually SCRUB the crud off.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Or, I'd probably get a scrub brush, dish soap, a bucket of warm water, and the hose. Then I'd sit on another upturned bucket and scrub. Then let it dry in the sun.

That method will be easier on all the joints/seams/hardware than a washer + it'll actually SCRUB the crud off.

^^ Here's your winner

No it's not as easy as a machine, but he's right. There's just too much agitation on the seams and not enough between the threads.

Plus this option will let you use some more aggressive chemicals (not TOO aggressive, maybe simple green :dunno:) if needed. Quality dish soap and a brush should get the job done.
    Be sure to try it out on a smaller spot for colorfastness (if that's important) and deterioration. Nylon and canvas will have different reactions.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Things like backpacks, bags, etc I use the bathtub, brushes, etc like TF suggested. a fingernail brush or the like works wonders to get grime out of the fibers.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    100% agree on a brush and a garden hose with whatever soap you feel like. I wouldn't risk it in a washing machine.

Top Bottom