• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So it always amuses me about how print ads by some of these manufactures do not use their heads. the picture clearly shows a made in USA product talking about defending your freedom with a cheesy AK at best
    maybe the Owner of this product lives In Russia? Who’s Freedom are they protecting...Bulgaria.? go figure. And what is he shooting at....treed Racoons ??? what pictures do you have showing stupid ads. 604C1CCA-B5D1-462F-94E0-E16F1BD0AE7F.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Marketing people aren't always gun people.

You'd like to think there would be more gun loving marketing people at companies that make firearms and firearm accessories, but it isn't always the case. Particularly if they are using an outside ad agency to do the creative.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    You really, really hate that we have trade partners, don't you?

On the contrary Balanced World Trade Good. However, as a commerce that has fallen into greed and selfishness no thought or attempt for fair trade seems to be considered. So ultimately the masses enable an unfair trade for the largest consumer which has become us, the US.

One of the codes that I have tried to live by is ... everything in Moderation.... Responsible and Fair World Trade starts with the consumer. I have some fine imported stuff but only after I try hard to keep the commerce here at home. Perhaps I am not making a difference but I am a prisoner of my character. A man once said that when we are born we have a lifetime of dignity, use it wisely. Take VW for example, guilty of criminal acts against the US and yet many of the end users still support their products. Good for America ? I think not.

Just my 3 cents.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Looking at the size of the mag, the curvature and the magwell, could that be a Saiga or Vepr12?

The cut on the dust cover also looks strange.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    :dunno: not really seeing the issue. Lots of ak's in the us. Maybe they're showcasing the fact that an MRO can handle more recoil than a 5.56?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    All this Russian Lover stuff is making me hungry for cheap Vodka and Cold Potato SOUP. Perhaps hanging a stamped piece of tin over my fireplace and order a mail order teen for a bride.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yes. It puzzles me too.

Jim,
    We seem to be of somewhat approximately similar generational perspective, so I will just observe the following:

I notice the ad text says, "Whether you're defending our freedom or enjoying it..."

Marketing by definition is aimed at the second half.

When you say anything on INGO which sounds remotely less than complimentary of cheap, imported junk...that's mostly the demographic you're going to be dealing with.

Unfortunately, our government seems determined to do everything possible to encourage the "buy it cheap and stack it deep" crowd. It advances this in different ways, on both the supply and demand sides of the equation. And as I'm sure you observed during the Last Panic, people are like amoebae responding to stimuli. It cannot be helped.

Last edited:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Is this better?

nra_ssusa_201804_p0023_hires.jpg

Enjoy your freedom to mount a Trijicon on whatever gun you choose.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Jim,
    We seem to be of somewhat approximately similar generational perspective, so I will just observe the following:

I notice the ad text says, "Whether you're defending our freedom or enjoying it..."

Marketing by definition is aimed at the second half.

When you say anything on INGO which sounds remotely less than complimentary of cheap, imported junk...that's mostly the demographic you're going to be dealing with.

Unfortunately, our government seems determined to do everything possible to encourage the "buy it cheap and stack it deep" crowd. It advances this in different ways, on both the supply and demand sides of the equation. And as I'm sure you observed during the Last Panic, people are like amoebae responding to stimuli. It cannot be helped.

Agreed. Take for instance trying to find a New SWB reg cab pickup truck with a locking differential. If you can find one you will pay as much as you can get a LWB 4 door Ext cab. Not only will the dealer not know anything about rear axles and their benefits but will have to push people into buying much more truck than they need. Every day I see them driving around with one person taking up half the parking lot at Starbucks.

The polymer gun and holster market has done the same thing. On one hand it is good that marketing has made them affordable for all however there are some applications where they may not be the best choice.

Also being in Commission only sales for45 years I understand the low dollar crowd and can in almost every case know a little education of features benefits and value can actually be less money than their first choice.

But it just like the truck example the masses donÂ’t care to hear it.

Top Bottom