Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: sig romeo zero.

User Info Menu

sig romeo zero.

Can anyone explain why SIG made this polymer and not metal? There is no way this sight is going to pass a drop test. I had read it was going to be a metal housing after it was released and the polymer was just for testing. Optics planet has them up for order, and it appears they are polymer. I would have rather paid more money for a metal version that is rugged. What is everyone elses opinion? I was going to buy a shield rmsc, but that didnt even pass the drop test with a metal housing.

User Info Menu

I think it will be a long time before we get a RDS that small that can pass any sort of drop test considering Trijicon has the "owl ear" shape patented which plays a HUGE part in the RMR's durability
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

Is there a Sig analog to the Holosun 407/507? Moot point as they're not small at all. If not, I find that odd since the same factory makes the Sig, Holosun, and Primary Arms stuff. Or the same place makes a LOT of those brands, anyhow.

But, I'm with Dean on this one. Trijicon is about the smallest durable RDS that'll be available for a long time. Really wish they'd rejigger the footprint and have one that'd fit on the slimmer slides. I don't know how the innards are all layed out, though. I'm sure it's easier said than done.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog697 View Post
    Can anyone explain why SIG made this polymer and not metal?
    To sneak it through a metal detector?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

sig made it to go on top of a glock 7 "its a porcelain gun made in germany, it doesn't show up on airport xray machines!"

Glock-7-3.jpg

Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs