• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Can anyone explain why SIG made this polymer and not metal? There is no way this sight is going to pass a drop test. I had read it was going to be a metal housing after it was released and the polymer was just for testing. Optics planet has them up for order, and it appears they are polymer. I would have rather paid more money for a metal version that is rugged. What is everyone elses opinion? I was going to buy a shield rmsc, but that didnt even pass the drop test with a metal housing.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I think it will be a long time before we get a RDS that small that can pass any sort of drop test considering Trijicon has the "owl ear" shape patented which plays a HUGE part in the RMR's durability

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Is there a Sig analog to the Holosun 407/507? Moot point as they're not small at all. If not, I find that odd since the same factory makes the Sig, Holosun, and Primary Arms stuff. Or the same place makes a LOT of those brands, anyhow.

But, I'm with Dean on this one. Trijicon is about the smallest durable RDS that'll be available for a long time. Really wish they'd rejigger the footprint and have one that'd fit on the slimmer slides. I don't know how the innards are all layed out, though. I'm sure it's easier said than done.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    sig made it to go on top of a glock 7 "its a porcelain gun made in germany, it doesn't show up on airport xray machines!"

Glock-7-3.jpg

Top Bottom