• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    After selling my HD AR because I thought I didnt need it, I built another because I was wrong. Now that I have the new MLOK upper, Im trying to find a more elegant way to mount the tape switches on opposing sides (one light, one laser)to the forend. Last time it was a not so elegant mix of black zip ties and glue. Looking to do it better this time.

Anyone know of any that would fit these tape switches?
    1:
    16mm wide x 8mm thick x 31mm long

2:
    14mm wide x 3.5mm thick x 49mm long

I saw these, but not sure they will fit. And there is no spec sheet I can find that tells how big the switches are they are designed for.
    https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-tape-switch-mounting-plate-insight-peq?ProductColor=VO343
    https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-tape-switch-mounting-plate-surefire-st?ProductColor=VO343

I could always Amazon Prime them and send them back for free if they dont fit, but would rather just buy the right thing first.

Any other suggestions? I'm not against going the glue route again, but I'd want to epoxy them to a MLOK plate rather than permanently mount them to my handguard. And I want to try to avoid the thickness of adding a rail, then a flat mount to attach to the rail, then glue the switches to that plate. I found a solution for that, but want to avoid the added bulk of the rails.

EDIT: Replacing the actual tape/button is not an option. That would require pricey new light/laser and Thats not in the budget.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I still cant figure out what you are actually looking for... But Cloud defense has a Light control system that looks similar to the links that you posted(?).. So you use your own switch... and it works for mlok keymod, pic.

https://clouddefensive.com/light-control-system/

No, you get it. Thats the kind of thing I'm looking for, thanks.

Edit: Except you cant just buy the plates. You have to buy the whole system, or a pre-mounted tape switch. :(

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    i 3d printed one, ordered the mlok nuts from ebay. Threw it all together and it seemed to work. Albeit, my designing prowess is lacking, i'm sure a few on here can design one. Might even be a few doing carbon fiber now.

Top Bottom