• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Realizing that after replacing my dim Tru Glo 3 dots with Trijicon black sights, I'm just not shooting as well as I used to without the rear dots. I'm taking longer to create the sight picture. As I was looking for a new set of Meprolight 3 dots I stumbled across this.

Anyone used these? How are they?

https://www.meprolight.com/product/mepro-ft-bullseye/

[video=youtube;2_5wc6WQCdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5wc6WQCdw[/video]

[video=youtube;vvFUO4vrsEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvFUO4vrsEM[/video]

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I can't comment on the above (Other than that's the system that the new Sig P365 SAS is utilizing)...

But a red or green front w/ black rear will probably be the best way to go.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can't comment on the above (Other than that's the system that the new Sig P365 SAS is utilizing)...

But a red or green front w/ black rear will probably be the best way to go.

Thanks, but you just recommended what I am moving away from. I have a green front with black back. (tritium, but no white outlines so in daylight its black) Ive got black rears and I suck compared to 3 dots. I find its harder to drop the dot into the U than to line up 3 dots.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I had a set on my glock 19. I took it to Atlanta steel shoot a couple years ago and shot like crap. I never got used to it so I traded them for traditional nights.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Another Meprolight FT Bullseye Review:

[video=youtube_share;T9mCK3hV1gE]http://youtu.be/T9mCK3hV1gE[/video]

cameramonkey, others PM me if you want a test drive and I’ll try to accommodate.

Check out the video at five minutes and 30 seconds. It is definitely possible to be very accurate with these sights at combat distances. I think most of the criticism this sighting system gets is by people who don’t understand their purpose. These aren’t target sights; they are made for point and shoot.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Gave up and stopped by USDS on my way home and put a set of the 3 dots on order. This sight was a little rich for my blood given I already sunk too much on the current sights.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Shot an SAS, Parabellum has one on the rental wall. Personally I don't care for the sight but the rest of the package was fine. Porting seemed to mitigate some of the recoil. Shot at least 3" to the left at 7 yards (no I wasn't grabbing the trigger) and it didn't appear to have any way to adjust the POI.
    If you see the three dots well you made the right decision. I find the black rear with a fiber optic easier to pick up but that's why they make different design sights. We all have a little different eyes. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And yeah, its a noticeable change. I used to score about 40-50th percentile in IDPA. Now with these sights I'm in the bottom 30%. Im either taking longer to make the shot, or shooting faster at my normal cadence with crap sight picture and getting marked down.

Top Bottom