• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alan-Richards

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Lafayette
    I finally got a SB3 pistol brace for my AR9 pistol. I absolutely hated the blade brace it came with, it almost made not want to shoot the gun it was that uncomfortable. I have seen other “pistols” with the blade brace and was wondering why other people like them.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I finally got a SB3 pistol brace for my AR9 pistol. I absolutely hated the blade brace it came with, it almost made not want to shoot the gun it was that uncomfortable. I have seen other “pistols” with the blade brace and was wondering why other people like them.

Most people who like the blade say they do because of its simplicity (no straps etc). I’d imagine it works OK on soft shooting pistols. Most people lean toward the SBA4 now.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I have a Blade on my MKG (45 ACP). I like it.

As already stated, simplicity is a big plus to me.

If you want something to use as a brace against your forearm for steadying the firearm, it does work. All you have to do is make contact between the blade and forearm and the firearm is prevented from teetering. It is just kind of a friction drag, but it is easy to perform the action and quick to recover from. Utilizing a red dot, one can even shoot some decent groups.

Trying to use most braces as intended are cumbersome at best. Using a brace as a stock, that's a different story. The Blade is okay but others are more comfortable.

Top Bottom