So are you advocating Mexican carry?

carry-in-waistband-appendix-8.jpg

ccha8778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Region
    I'm guessing you're joking, but a quality leather holster that appropriately covers the trigger works just fine. I have a couple from the holster store, work great, had them for years.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Sorry to see that occur.
    That holster appears super worn, i have many brand name rigs in pristine shape doing their job for my CCW.(G19) and my 442 J Frame.
    If they are loose, slip, or otherwise not "fitted" to the weapon, they are retired.

Yes, Kydex is the new style, and well fitted. I have tried them on quite a few of my CCW. (G19, Sig226,Shield 40 cal,442 S&W, 1911A1. No issue seen or complaints.

Again if your leather is well fitted, covers trigger completely, not sagging, it will carry your EDC. Good Luck.

I was curious of the condition of my designated Glock rigs vs any multi use models. The square looking trigger guards are firmly designed, and there are leather bands on top to retain or reholster the firearm without spreading the leather. I have nylon, leather, IWB, OWB, and Kydex IWB, and OWB. The nylon is DeSantis, not cheap U Mike's. All are in fine shape, and even match up to my Sig 226 too. Again if you are in doubt about size, manufactors do list the models and used for. Some are very close to each other, but my honest opinion is use what manufactors advise. Work that rig with an empty gun too, till it feels right. Forcing your firearm may lead to the dreaded ND.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    [FONT=&amp]Me being the passenger...[/FONT]

The real cause was he let his wife drive.

Sometimes its the lesser of two evils. Either I can sit in the passenger seat and have a peaceful trip, or drive and have the wife nagging in my ear the whole damn trip. I'll take navigating over driving for the harmony of my marriage.

And yes, spoof thread. Had to poke fun at TJ for wanting to ban all kydex holsters for the problem of one specific model's manufacturing defect.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sometimes its the lesser of two evils. Either I can sit in the passenger seat and have a peaceful trip, or drive and have the wife nagging in my ear the whole damn trip. I'll take navigating over driving for the harmony of my marriage.

And yes, spoof thread. Had to poke fun at TJ for wanting to ban all kydex holsters for the problem of one specific model's manufacturing defect.

I learned a long time ago to just go along for the ride and occasional nap.

Top Bottom