Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Question New Laser at Elkhart show

I saw a new type of Laser at the show a couple weeks ago, it shuts off when the pistol is laid on down its side and automatically turns on when picked up,
    like an auto on feature, it senses distance or something to that effect, who all is making this type of laser site for pistols? this was an off brand I believe but I thought it was cool. Thanks

Lakeman62

User Info Menu

Sounds more like some kind of accelerometer to switch based on orientation. Neat feature, that would only be a problem in a very small number of situations.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

I'm not sure who makes it. The plethora of companies making cheap optics is astounding.

Was this a projection laser or a red dot? There are optics that have auto shutoff feature. If it's not moved in a given timespan, say 5 min, it shuts off.

I'd be leary of a shutoff that works on position. What happens if you're in the ground and need to shoot under a car or something low and your gun is horizontal? The sight shuts off at the most critical time. That's not good.

Do you remember how much it was?

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

My x-wife would turn off when she was laid down too. Must have had the same switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    My x-wife would turn off when she was laid down too. Must have had the same switch.
    Thatís funny *****.

User Info Menu

It was green projection, it shut off as soon as it was laid down but would stay on if being held just an inch off the table, I can think of situations where I would not want to convey my position though but it was pretty cool.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I would not want the laser to automatically be on when I pick it up... essentially gives away your position the entire time you're holding it with no control of you turning it off.
    The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccha8778 View Post
    I would not want the laser to automatically be on when I pick it up... essentially gives away your position the entire time you're holding it with no control of you turning it off.
    Turn it sideways.

Resident Warning Shot Statist.