• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm looking to have two holsters made for this critter. I'm wanting pressed or vacuum formed kydex over the right side of the pistol and to have that attached to a flat piece on the left side of the pistol so I can put velcro on them and use them in a pack, etc..

Any INGO members do that sort of thing around central IN?

W9a2eqUh.jpg

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I had member Slow Hand make me a holster about 5-6 years ago and I still love it. Think he’s around Avon. Has a Facebook page under M2B kydex.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sweet blaster, I’ve got another 20+ days before my KKM comes in. Neglected to read that nitriding adds 30+ days to the process!:( If you can’t find it Local, try Gladiator Concealment, I have one from him for my Vertx bag but it’s for a standard G, he may make one for a Roland/Fauxland as well?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Come to think of it, my Gladiator is for a 17,19,26 etc. so if the comp is the same width or smaller, his standard holster should work? Maybe having a bigger surface area for more hook would be better though? I’ll check to see if my RMR clears as well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't think the comp will cause much of an issue for a holster designed to accommodate a 17. This particular light seems to be where I'm running in to compatibility issues.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't think the comp will cause much of an issue for a holster designed to accommodate a 17. This particular light seems to be where I'm running in to compatibility issues.
    Duh! Forgot about the light! Post up if Gladiator can or will do one, I’ll need one as soon as my KKM gets here. On further review, I see it’s not only a “light”, but a Vampire, I’m betting that will be a hard fit.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    On further review, I see it’s not only a “light”, but a Vampire, I’m betting that will be a hard fit.

Yessir, there seems to be precious few options out there. That's why I was hoping to find someone local who could use my pistol to make the holster, finding someone who has the ability to make what I'm looking for is probably not going to happen unfortunately. Still waiting to hear from Gladiator.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Have you ever thought about doing it yourself? I bought my first hybrid IWB and then started making them from there, mostly for me. I enjoy it but there is no way I can do it and come close to paying for my time. More for the love of it kind of thing. It's not hard at all, especially since your design is just a flat back and you don't need to fit a waistband.
    I say it's easy but I have a hard time visualizing how the retention works with the light on there without being so tight it's restrictive, and not be sloppy.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Wasn't able to find what I needed (at least without the need to ship my stuff off to someone) so for the cost of a few ready made holsters I bought a press and some Kydex sheet and made my own. Zach at ZRTS helped out with the rivets and while it's far from a professional holster it's at least functional. Before anyone geeks out on me, this will be carried in a pack with nothing else in the compartment so there's no way for anything to get inside of the trigger guard. It also allows for one round to be fired from the holster should that unlikely circumstance pop up. I needed the holster by today so I may go give it another, more well thought out attempt in the near future. It'll get me by for now.

VeZQkneh.jpg

doitivCh.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Looks good. Did Gladiator ever get back to you? I’ve still got about 30+ days before I hope to see my KKM, but want an option for my Vertx sling pack.

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    Contact Martin (Marteen) over at everyday holsters. He can do damn near anything! You can find alot of things from them on amazon and some of the forums as well. He may be able to help you out.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Wish I'd seen this a few days ago. If you were willing to make the trip to this side of Indy, I've bent a few sheets of kydex for myself (I'm no pro, just have a lot of odd guns and a bad penchant for spending more to DYI than I would for retail products lol) with varying levels of success.

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region
    you might be able to check with Harveys Holsters, out of Battle Grounds IN, I've seen and talked with them at the Crown Point gun show. I believe that they can make the holster while you wait, at the show.

Top Bottom