Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Any INGO Holster Makers?

I'm looking to have two holsters made for this critter. I'm wanting pressed or vacuum formed kydex over the right side of the pistol and to have that attached to a flat piece on the left side of the pistol so I can put velcro on them and use them in a pack, etc..

Any INGO members do that sort of thing around central IN?

There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Marksman

User Info Menu

I had member Slow Hand make me a holster about 5-6 years ago and I still love it. Think heís around Avon. Has a Facebook page under M2B kydex.

User Info Menu

Sweet blaster, Iíve got another 20+ days before my KKM comes in. Neglected to read that nitriding adds 30+ days to the process! If you canít find it Local, try Gladiator Concealment, I have one from him for my Vertx bag but itís for a standard G, he may make one for a Roland/Fauxland as well?

User Info Menu

Thanks Vigilant, I sent Gladiator Concealment an email to see if they could offer what I need.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

Come to think of it, my Gladiator is for a 17,19,26 etc. so if the comp is the same width or smaller, his standard holster should work? Maybe having a bigger surface area for more hook would be better though? Iíll check to see if my RMR clears as well.

User Info Menu

I don't think the comp will cause much of an issue for a holster designed to accommodate a 17. This particular light seems to be where I'm running in to compatibility issues.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    I don't think the comp will cause much of an issue for a holster designed to accommodate a 17. This particular light seems to be where I'm running in to compatibility issues.
    Duh! Forgot about the light! Post up if Gladiator can or will do one, Iíll need one as soon as my KKM gets here. On further review, I see itís not only a ďlightĒ, but a Vampire, Iím betting that will be a hard fit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    On further review, I see itís not only a ďlightĒ, but a Vampire, Iím betting that will be a hard fit.
    Yessir, there seems to be precious few options out there. That's why I was hoping to find someone local who could use my pistol to make the holster, finding someone who has the ability to make what I'm looking for is probably not going to happen unfortunately. Still waiting to hear from Gladiator.

- CarmelHP

Marksman

User Info Menu

Have you ever thought about doing it yourself? I bought my first hybrid IWB and then started making them from there, mostly for me. I enjoy it but there is no way I can do it and come close to paying for my time. More for the love of it kind of thing. It's not hard at all, especially since your design is just a flat back and you don't need to fit a waistband.
    I say it's easy but I have a hard time visualizing how the retention works with the light on there without being so tight it's restrictive, and not be sloppy.

User Info Menu

Wasn't able to find what I needed (at least without the need to ship my stuff off to someone) so for the cost of a few ready made holsters I bought a press and some Kydex sheet and made my own. Zach at ZRTS helped out with the rivets and while it's far from a professional holster it's at least functional. Before anyone geeks out on me, this will be carried in a pack with nothing else in the compartment so there's no way for anything to get inside of the trigger guard. It also allows for one round to be fired from the holster should that unlikely circumstance pop up. I needed the holster by today so I may go give it another, more well thought out attempt in the near future. It'll get me by for now.

- CarmelHP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast