• ...and so much more!
  • BLindzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    Mishawaka
    Hello all,
    I'm wanting to possibly start carrying appendix with probably my Glock 26. I'm not fat, not skinny....lol. What are some of you folks using?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Hello all,
    I'm wanting to possibly start carrying appendix with probably my Glock 26. I'm not fat, not skinny....lol. What are some of you folks using?

Holster Choice is an ability driven accessory and I would need to evaluate your skill set before suggesting anything.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Appendix carry is very particular, finding the right holster is a process. Dale Fricke ArchAngel is the one I started with, and still use, but I’ve also tried various others. Right now, I’m carrying in a Tier1 Concealed Agis and it’s been very good.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    NSFW...

[video=youtube;VkW6MnrNZWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkW6MnrNZWw[/video]

the holster choice without mastering the fundamentals only dictates where one will shoot himself, loose the gun, or be disarmed. Preconceived notions and defending your choices without the fundamentals and testing your equipment can be the happening waiting for the accident.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Been using VanGuard 2 with a loop belt attachment for years. Several options for belt attachment: https://rcsgear.com/vanguard-minimalist-iwb/

Dale Fricke is good too.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't holster my pistol while wearing an AIWB holster. It's simple enough to remove the holster, insert the pistol then return the pistol to it's desired location all while keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and ensuring nothing finds its way into the trigger guard.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I have yet to find an aiwb holster that I don't find ungodly uncomfortable for extended periods of time.... besides my blasphemous Crossbreed holster for my sig 938... I could wear that for days.

As for reholstering..... a simple look down and check to ensure its clear is enough while reholstering... too often I see people reholstering aiwb while keeping there eyes looking down range.

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I don't holster my pistol while wearing an AIWB holster. It's simple enough to remove the holster, insert the pistol then return the pistol to it's desired location all while keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and ensuring nothing finds its way into the trigger guard.

What Phylodog said! I use a DeSantis kydex and I ALWAYS remove holster and return firearm IF I remove it.
    It can cause back pain if seated for long periods like driving. I have medical issues so this is the only option plus after training with George this or cross draw in a vehicle is best.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

This is how I do it on the rare times I need to deep cover carry the G43 as the primary.

Plenty simple to remove the holster and swing it over and onto to the gun without muzzling your other hand. Then clip the whole assembly onto the AIWB position.

The Raven Vangard II's are designed to holster this way.

ccha8778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Region
    Hello all,

I have not invested in any appendix specific holster. I use my IWB (right handed) holster that I've had for years from the holster store and use that for appendix. The holster has a small leather flap that covers the entire slide. I'm also not skinny and probably slightly fat (5'11, 220), I've carried this way often the past 1.5 years and it's pretty comfortable and have had no issues drawing or re-holstering. I always carry my spare mag on my left side anyways, so I don't know if I'd want a 2 in 1 holster for appendix either.

Hope this helps.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I have a Tier 1 concealed Agis, and it actually really comfortable even with my Sig p229, and I’m a bigger guy (aka fat guy). I really wanted to like aiwb, and it wasn’t that it was uncomfortable, I just couldnt get used to having a loaded weapon pointed at all sorts of important body parts and arteries. So I went back to my crossbreed supertuck and couldnt be happier.

But it if you are looking for aiwb, I highly recommend tier 1.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I must be doing something wrong. I’ve been carrying AIWB for a long time and have yet to shoot myself.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I must be doing something wrong. I’ve been carrying AIWB for a long time and have yet to shoot myself.
    Ive got several years under my belt AIWB, and haven’t managed it myself? Maybe, just maybe, AIWB makes me MORE careful when reholstering, or maybe I just don’t let anything touch the trigger! It’s also possible I’m doing it wrong and should be dead?

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Ive bought quite a few appendix holsters that didnt work out. I finally settled on JM Custom kydex wing claw. I have one for mu Shield, and one for my 2.0 Compact and they both work well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom