Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Best red dot scope for ar that dont break the bank

What do you guys recommend for a decent red dot scope? Maybe in the $150 range

User Info Menu

What is it going on? If for a rifle then I'd say the Sig Sauer Romeo 5.

User Info Menu

Sig Romeo 5, Sig Romeo-MSR, Vortex Crossfire 2, Primary Arms SLxZ Advanced Push Button Microdot, Holosun HS403B, Primary Arms SLxZ Advanced 30mm RDS, Primary Arms Classic Series Gen II Removable Microdot. And if you can stretch to $200, the Primary Arms SLxP2.5 Compact 2.5x32 Prism Scope ZCSS-CQB-M1.

Better question: What do you want to DO with the rifle? Let the mission dictate the gear.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled0321 View Post
    What is it going on? If for a rifle then I'd say the Sig Sauer Romeo 5.
    What he said... I have 3 of them, and they are great for the money.

Here's a video review where it's tested thoroughly, including being frozen in a block of ice, and shot at with a shotgun...

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Sorry going on ar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DSmith78 View Post
    Sorry going on ar
    I think we all figured that.

But what's the mission / use of the AR going to be?
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Plinker

User Info Menu

A little more and u can have a real nice one. I have a sig romeo 4 on my SBR Ar. $249.99. I look through it and cannot see any glass reflecting. just a floating dot

User Info Menu

I really like my Primary Arms MD-RBGIIBM. Nothing fancy, but it rocks. I also have their MD-RBGII but dont like it quite as much. The difference is in the BM model the rotary switch goes full 360 so I can turn it one click CCW to turn it on full power. The other model I'd have to turn it about 350 degrees to turn it all the way up from the lowest setting.

I'm about to buy my 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

No one has mentioned the Vortex SPARC-AR yet. When it goes on sale you can get it for $140 off Palmetto State Armory‘s website.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    What he said... I have 3 of them, and they are great for the money.

Here's a video review where it's tested thoroughly, including being frozen in a block of ice, and shot at with a shotgun...

I saw that video review too. Man they put that Romeo 5 they had through hell and back! I thought it was done for when he shot it with the 12 GA. I was surprised as hell when it still continued to work flawlessly after that not to mention everything else they put that RDS through! I like the auto on /auto off feature that helps contribute to the excellent battery life. Another plus for me was that it has the 2 NV settings and the small 2 MOA dot not to mention that it came with both a low mount and the high mount that was designed to fully cowitness with your BUIS whether it be a set of front and rear flip ups, a rear flip up and the F marked FSP, or even a set of fixed BUIS like the Daniel Defense ones or whatever brand someone would decide to use. The Sig Sauer Romeo 5 and the entire line of Sig Sauer's RDS were extremely well thought out ,very well designed, and engineered that's for sure! IMHO they're the best RDS out there in their respective pricepoints.

Last edited by Disgruntled0321; 11-14-2019 at 16:06.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast