• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not picky, most I've tried seem to work well enough (unless we're talking my precision barrels). That said, I love the smell of Eezox and the sheen it leaves behind.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Lucas extreme duty grease and oil I truly believe it is a great product seems to really stay on a bolt after several thousand rounds.

I have a gallon can of bore cleaner from my Army days I use it on everything.

BTW

Trapper Jim I assume you would have used lard being you carry a flintlock and all?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Lucas extreme duty grease and oil I truly believe it is a great product seems to really stay on a bolt after several thousand rounds.

I have a gallon can of bore cleaner from my Army days I use it on everything.

BTW

Trapper Jim I assume you would have used lard being you carry a flintlock and all?

yes.... it is by my boraxo.:cool:

Attachments

• EBE7C6A3-C609-4E9B-BFFA-88FF21007234.jpeg
      EBE7C6A3-C609-4E9B-BFFA-88FF21007234.jpeg
      49.4 KB · Views: 14

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I was talked in to trying some Boretech Eliminator by the clerk at my LGS. The stuff works and has no smell to it at all.

I have used Butch's for a long-long time, but I'm not too concerned about keeping a supply of it on-hand anymore.

Sometimes I also use some #9 and CLP depending on what I'm working at.

I tried Montana Extreme one time. The label on the bottle warns of strong vapors. They aren't kidding.

Oils is a whole 'nother can-o-worms. You sure you want to open that? Most of the time it is just Hoppes. I've tried some other stuff but I haven't noticed a significant difference. Usually carbon fouling builds up and I clean and relubricate frequently enough that any standard light-machine oil would suffice.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    For cleaning? Since I'm not in the precision rifle game - I tend to just use a CLP to clean. And Q-tips, rags, brushes, and picks.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Liberal tears, stocked up Nov 2016, got plenty enough to make it until Nov 2020. If for some unforeseen reason I run low, Slip 2000 EWL and ELG, or TW-25B will have to suffice.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Been using M-Pro7 cleaner and their LPX oil for several years now. Kind of a funky smell but works fantastic! LPX oil is super slick, stays put, and protects well.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hoppes for bore cleaning
    Any brand of what's effectively brake cleaner for carbon and crud removal
    Breakfree CLP, remoil, any generic grease for lube
    Boeshield T9 for fighting off the endless battle with rust in this state, it's about the only thing I've found that does what it's supposed to.

Top Bottom