• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccha8778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Region
    I've heard great things about Fort Knox safes, and I have the opportunity to buy one used at a great price. Before I pull the trigger, I thought I'd throw it out to the forum to see if anyone has any great or negative reviews of the brand.

TIA!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have two of their pistol safes and I love them.

lTLXT93.jpg

vZrWsoC.jpg

BOoA52S.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've got a large one that kept my guns safe through two burglaries while I was overseas. I lost power tools when they pried into locked sheet metal tool boxes but they didn't even bother to try the safe.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    They're not all created equal.

The base models / cheapest models are nothing but RSCs. (residential security containers) - as are the vast majority of things that are sold as "safes" these days. Especially gun "safes".

However, Ft. Knox has a "builder" program where you can greatly enhance an RSC to being almost a real safe.

So - a lot will depend on the model of the box you want and the $ they're asking for it. THEN you can compare it to other RSCs in the same price range and come to a conclusion that way.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I bought my fort knox after watching this video several times. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8&t=258s

I was always very tempted by the cheaper safes at big box stores, but I wanted to know I had locked down security and not a cheaper imitation. Fort Knox safes are legit, but don't buy the cheapest model made by any manufacturer for any item. I bought mine in '16, and it was an investment. I couldn't be happier with it and I have not had a problem at all. I get a lot of peace of mind knowing that my safe really is a vault, and it was installed by guys who've done that a thousand times before. For home security, it's as good as it gets. Passports, extra cash, birth certificates, marriage license or whatever other important paperwork we have is tucked in that safe.

I went with the dial instead of the keypad and I get why people want the convenience of a keypad, but I don't regret the simple electronic failure proof dial. Never believe the advertised number of guns being able to fit in the safe. I always figure half of what's advertised will actually fit.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a very old Browning safe that is basically a residential security container with a dial combination lock. It has served me well for over 30 years. It is basically to keep tweekers and delinquent kids out. I have a Ft. Knox safe also. It is a real safe and top quality and the price reflects it (see the above video). It has a digital S&G pad lock. I've owned it over 7 years without any problems. I think you can rest easy with a decision to buy a Ft. Knox safe.

AC9VT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2019
    Madison
    I have had my Ft. Knox for 20 years now. I have honestly never saw a safe elsewhere i thought was an equal. I bought a rental house that had an older one a few yeears ago and sold it for $2000 in one phone call. They are very sought after safes.

IMG_5661.jpg

Top Bottom