• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I’m getting into the night vision game. Have about 3 or 4 friends that already have the gear. We’ve got a couple places that we can shoot at up here in NWI. I was wondering how many other Ingoers have nods, and shoot with them often. Anyone know of any good ranges close to NWI that allow night shooting?

In addition, what is everyone using for their setup? (Helmet, lasers, Illuminators, mono/duals?)

Thanks for responses,
    Sheep

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I wish I had a range I could shoot at night. I normally just shoot on my inlaws land but usually just try to stay with suppresses 22lr as the neighborhood around them might have a problem with me burning it down

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I just picked up a tnvc pvs-14 L3 gen III green with Wilcox g11 mount a peq 15 and mtek skid lid. Haven't even got to play with it on a dark night with all the snow. Can't wait though

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I just picked up a tnvc pvs-14 L3 gen III green with Wilcox g11 mount a peq 15 and mtek skid lid. Haven't even got to play with it on a dark night with all the snow. Can't wait though

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Very nice, did you pick this up on their black friday sale??? Full power pec or C version?

Napalmx9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Bluffton
    I’m getting into the night vision game. Have about 3 or 4 friends that already have the gear. We’ve got a couple places that we can shoot at up here in NWI. I was wondering how many other Ingoers have nods, and shoot with them often. Anyone know of any good ranges close to NWI that allow night shooting?

In addition, what is everyone using for their setup? (Helmet, lasers, Illuminators, mono/duals?)

Thanks for responses,
    Sheep

I have myself and a few other buddys in the Fort Wayne area with helmet mounted Nods. I myself use have a PVS-14, AR15 SBR with Sico Omega, Zenitco Perst 4 and surefire vampire as an illuminator until my Perst 3 gets here. Where all do you guys shoot? We haven't been out in awhile since we can't shoot at our previous place anymore, hopeing to meet up with some arfcom guys in Ohio next year for a few shoots.

Last edited:

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    We've got some nice farmland up here in Northwest Indiana that we have permission to shoot on. I have seen the thread about the ohio night vision shoot on arfcom. I think a few of us plan on making the trip up there as well. Im running a sico omega on my 11.5 pistol with a perst 3 on order. It left the Motherland on December 11th and has not reached the states. If your perst 3 was shipped around the holidays there are some massive delays. They plan on refunding the shipping when the get their refund from the carrier. My buddy ordered his December 27th and he already has it. He has an atpial-c as well. It literally blows the atpial-c out of the water according to him.

Napalmx9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Bluffton
    Yeah mine left Russia Dec14th, just went thru the arfcom Perst thread and saw your post there too lol. It's been a pain useing the Perst 4 and Vampire together so this will be a huge upgrade, can't wait to compare it too the full power peq one of my friends has.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Yeah mine left Russia Dec14th, just went thru the arfcom Perst thread and saw your post there too lol. It's been a pain useing the Perst 4 and Vampire together so this will be a huge upgrade, can't wait to compare it too the full power peq one of my friends has.

That would be a cool review for you to throw up on here if you didnt mind. PEQ15 or the LA5? Ive actually seen one or two NGALs floating around on instagram for sale as well. Talk about pricey. If i had 2500 to spend id probably just go the mawl c1+. I havent seen one in person, but the reviews online are impressive. Especially for civilian legal.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I’ve been running a NVD PVS14 on a night cap. Love the night cap, but trading the tube towards thermal. I like the NV, but I hunt at night a fair bit, and thermal rules for hunting.

Top Bottom