• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have some experience with scopes on centerfire and rimfire rifles, but none with air rifles. I am considering the purchase of a .22 cal. Crosman Mayhem SBD Break Barrel Air Rifle. It will be used for plinking and pest control. I know that, for the most part, "combo" guns usually come with junky scopes. I'm considering getting an air rifle scope with lighted reticle. I don't want to spend a lot of money for a scope for this air rifle, so I've pretty much boiled my selections down to two, although I'm open to other suggestions. These are the two that I'm considering: CenterPoint LR 392RG2 3-9 mm with illuminated mil-dot reticle and the other with a lighted reticle is the UTG BugBuster IR 3-9x32 AO. Both get pretty good reviews.[h=1][/h][h=1][/h][h=3][/h]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    FWIW, the scope that came on my Gamo break barrel has held up well. I've got a couple hundred shots through it and it still works great. Maybe give the stock scope a chance.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thanks for the recommendation Old Dog. Do you like the lighted reticle? Big Tanker, you have a very good point. I may be jumping the gun, so to speak, but I do like to plan ahead.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Thanks for the recommendation Old Dog. Do you like the lighted reticle? Big Tanker, you have a very good point. I may be jumping the gun, so to speak, but I do like to plan ahead.
    I have a right eye problem, red & green dots turn white and shrink by 75%, but not with the Bug buster. I can see the red and the green, and the unlighted reticle very well. The scope on my Gamo was junk, sent it in for warranty replacement, after 20 shots reticle was moving all over, giving a shotgun pattern. They replaced it with a $100 retail scope and it is working so far.

Top Bottom