• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Having had good luck with Elite Tactical Systems (ETS) magazines made for Glocks, I was anxious to try the ones recently introduced for the Sig P320 and in my case compact model. I was interested in using the magazines solely for range purposes and not for personal defense. The price point is very attractive, as is their lifetime warranty. My initial range session with the 15 round magazines had some bumps in the road. I bought 3 magazines. On the plus side is that the magazines work in all Sig P320 Compacts, even the X model. The first range session was very disappointing. The magazines tended to bulge with loaded to full capacity. The slide couldn't be released using the "sling shot" method, but they all worked well when the first rounds were loaded by pressing the slide releases on the pistols. I had several problems with the slide locking back while rounds remained in the magazine. I contacted ETS and they advised to keep the magazines fully loaded between range sessions. After a week of keeping the magazines fully loaded the problems diminished, nearly entirely. At today's range session, one magazine was still bulged enough to make inserting the fully loaded magazine requiring a little extra effort. All the magazines worked when the first round was stripped into the chamber using the sling shot method. One magazine will lock the slide back while there is one live round left in the magazine. My conclusion is that after the "break-in" period, two of the magazines will function plenty good enough for range work and, I'll probably return the one magazine that makes the slide lock open with one live round remaining in the magazine. For $15.29 ea., I still think overall, they'll end up being fine for my purposes.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    One thing to note! If you have a mag funnel they will work, but you have to slam them in really really hard, so hard I just removed the mag well (plus removing the mag well puts me in ssp idpa class)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I thought I'd post an update. I returned the one 15 round ETS magazine for the Sig P 320 Compact. It was mysteriously locking back with one round left in the magazine. The other magazines are working well enough for range shooting. ETS (from South Bend, Indiana) sent me two new, in the package, magazines for the one I returned. One is a 15 rounder and the other a 21 rounder. Also, importantly, they sent me two redesigned followers for my other two 15 round magazines. I have installed the new followers and will be testing them and the new magazines this coming week, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I thought I'd post an update. I returned the one 15 round ETS magazine for the Sig P 320 Compact. It was mysteriously locking back with one round left in the magazine. The other magazines are working well enough for range shooting. ETS (from South Bend, Indiana) sent me two new, in the package, magazines for the one I returned. One is a 15 rounder and the other a 21 rounder. Also, importantly, they sent me two redesigned followers for my other two 15 round magazines. I have installed the new followers and will be testing them and the new magazines this coming week, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
    Keep us 320 fans updated.!! Appreciate the feedback. I need to take some of my ets g43 mags to the range soon.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well heres an update, i shot the 21 rounder in my p320 saturday at steel challenge, 1st stage 1st string (i loaded 20 rounds) and pushed it in felt it click in place, pulled the slide back, and put it in my holster and waited for the beep

at the beep i drew and aimed and "click"...racked the slide and "click" again...slamed the mag in as hard as i could pulled the slide back and that time it went off when i pulled the trigger... 13.28 second time for 1 first string (my throw away)

for the other 3 stages we shot I made sure it was locked in, and did a press check every time I used it, after that experience, my ets mags are range use only!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I tried out the new Sig P 320 compact 15 and 21 round mag today. They don't bulge like the older ones did at first. I did get a failure to feed and at first they wouldn't sling shot the first round, but after some use they started to work. One of the old mags with the new followers locked back with a live round remaining. So far my conclusions are about the same. They aren't reliable enough for self-defense, nor for competition. They do seem to work better the more use they get. I plan on loading them and leaving them loaded for a week to see if they limber up more. If I get a chance to shoot next week, I'll run another couple hundred rounds through them, like I did today. So far the bottom line remains. I think they are fine for range work and training for the price point.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    After today's range session, here are my final thoughts on the ETS magazines made for the Sig P 320 Compact: After leaving them fully loaded for another week and with the new updated followers, I only found that one 15 rounder took two tries to sling shot the first round into the chamber. One of the magazines seems just a little tight to insert into the magazine well, but almost not worth mentioning. They all fed and the slide locked back when empty, as they are supposed to. No magazine left a loaded round in the magazine after the slide locked back as has been an occasional problem in the past. I have to say, that after a little breaking in and keeping them fully loaded between range sessions, these magazines work very well for range work. If one expects them to function perfectly out of the package, one will be disappointed. But, if one has patience, they will work well after a short break-in period.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Had no idea ETS was based in South Bend
    They aren’t, manufacturing is based in Chatanooga, TN, customer service is based in SB, or that what the lady that was above me in SB explained. They moved out of our building to a larger warehouse space when NDU wouldn’t lease a larger space to them.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Don't bother with the ETS mags.

ACT-MAG / ARMSCOR SIG SAUER P320 - M17 9MM 17 RD MAGAZINE 3209 [ACT-MAG / ARMSCOR 3209] - $19.95 : Greg Cote, LLC

In my experience, they're just as good as the factory mags. I use mine for the range. I have about 10 or so, and have ran well over 1000 rounds through them, no issues. Of course they come in the 15 round variety as well.

ACT-MAG also makes great magazines for the S&W M&P. They're made in Italy, and are very well made. The metal is blued, which is different from the factory mags, but the finish holds up really well.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

ACT-MAG / ARMSCOR SIG SAUER P320 - M17 9MM 17 RD MAGAZINE 3209 [ACT-MAG / ARMSCOR 3209] - $19.95 : Greg Cote, LLC

In my experience, they're just as good as the factory mags. I use mine for the range. I have about 10 or so, and have ran well over 1000 rounds through them, no issues. Of course they come in the 15 round variety as well.

ACT-MAG also makes great magazines for the S&W M&P. They're made in Italy, and are very well made. The metal is blued, which is different from the factory mags, but the finish holds up really well.
    Cool! Are they compatible with the X series Sig pistols? Do they have a lifetime warranty? I didn't see any 15 rounders for the Sig P 320 Compact on the website. I must have missed it.

Last edited:
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

Thanks for the info. I will look into these as well.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    After today's range session, here are my final thoughts on the ETS magazines made for the Sig P 320 Compact: After leaving them fully loaded for another week and with the new updated followers, I only found that one 15 rounder took two tries to sling shot the first round into the chamber. One of the magazines seems just a little tight to insert into the magazine well, but almost not worth mentioning. They all fed and the slide locked back when empty, as they are supposed to. No magazine left a loaded round in the magazine after the slide locked back as has been an occasional problem in the past. I have to say, that after a little breaking in and keeping them fully loaded between range sessions, these magazines work very well for range work. If one expects them to function perfectly out of the package, one will be disappointed. But, if one has patience, they will work well after a short break-in period.
    My range mags are factory mags that have gotten old and started to exhibit functioning problems, I don’t purposely go out and buy mags that don’t work for range use?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My range mags are factory mags that have gotten old and started to exhibit functioning problems, I don’t purposely go out and buy mags that don’t work for range use?
    It's your money. You may spend it as you wish. I wasn't attempting to sell the ETS mags, just posting my experiences with them.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    One last thought on the ETS magazines for the Sig P 320 Compact and 21 rounder. Today, all four of the magazines ran flawlessly. There were no signs of wear. I really do like the ability to look at the rounds in the clear magazines. If they hold up over time, I'll be a repeat customer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom