• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    1 x 4 Viper PST on mine. I like that TMCQ reticle a lot.

FYI OP,

Your posts are going to have to get more elaborate for your post count to make it to 50.

I'm rooting for you, so please stretch out your posts.

We need more activity in the classifieds. I'm tired of looking at the same 'ol stuff for weeks and weeks. Consequently, what I'm selling is rarely seen.

Let's go please, lets go.

What scopes are you contemplating OP?

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I too have a 1-4 PST (just not on a 300BLK) and while the glass is great, the reticle is both good and bad. Your eyes get drawn to the center of the reticle easy but the hashmarks are hard to see for any sort of long range shooting (with a home defense/range blaster 300 I really doubt you'll have any issue). The new 1-6 PST is nice just heavier

I'm really looking for a reason to justify a Nightforce NX8 1-8 or Trijicon 1-8 though. Both have great glass but the 34mm tube on the Trijicon is not super low profile

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Is there any variable power optic under 6"?

as a minimalist I have looked for smaller scopes in length. As a matter of fact I don’t need Variable anymore. Have not changed my Power for over 20 years now. Wish they would make fixed power compact scopes with large objectives.

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Been researching... any experience with the Vortex Spitfire 3x??? seems small... I realized it's fixed, but 3x should do the trick... and it's pistol small... with a side mounted red dot it would work like a variable.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Been researching... any experience with the Vortex Spitfire 3x??? seems small... I realized it's fixed, but 3x should do the trick... and it's pistol small... with a side mounted red dot it would work like a variable.
    I have the Spitfire 1x and absolutely love it. It's solid, any brightness you want, and the etched reticle slash prism aspect means it doesn't trigger my astigmatism. Keep wanting to pick up a 3x but decided on 1-6x instead.

Oh and mine is on a .300BLK. At 25 yards freehand it's a laser with a super cheap barrel. Not ranges to write home about but the optic has definitely kept zero

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    I have the Spitfire 1x and absolutely love it. It's solid, any brightness you want, and the etched reticle slash prism aspect means it doesn't trigger my astigmatism. Keep wanting to pick up a 3x but decided on 1-6x instead.

Oh and mine is on a .300BLK. At 25 yards freehand it's a laser with a super cheap barrel. Not ranges to write home about but the optic has definitely kept zero

Thank you for the heads up! I like Vortex on my dot, but hadn't chosen any rifle / longer pistol optics... any reason why you went 1-6 instead of the 3x? do you use the high magnification much?

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Thank you for the heads up! I like Vortex on my dot, but hadn't chosen any rifle / longer pistol optics... any reason why you went 1-6 instead of the 3x? do you use the high magnification much?
    Had a 4-16x44 (I think it was a x44- Vortex Diamondback Tactical) that I sold mainly to fund my purchase. Swampfox Optics claims many good things about their Arrowhead 1-6x and I've decided to try it out.

I can't do true red dots because of my astigmatism (see a forward slash, literally this / instead of a dot) and have never played with an illuminated scope. My etched reticle prism works fine so thinking that I'll get a dot, a scope, and use the higher mag because my range has dedicated hours for 300yds where everything else gets shut down.

Seems like the 1-6x is truly the best of all worlds for the ranges that I'll truly use it at. That 4-16 was amazing (and I'll probably pick up another similar ranged scope when I have the funds), but it served no practical purposes for me- I decided to fully dedicate to build defensive rifles first, and next time I have extra fun money I'll pick up range-only accessories.

So that's why I went with the 1-6x. As to why not on the 3x fixed prism- by all accounts that would have been a great addition to my .300BLK hunting pistol as a hunting sight. And yet- I've never been hunting (not for lack of want) and the trips in the works are being spearheaded by father and his buddies. Either the local laws or the size of the planned game to harvest preclude .300BLK being a viable cartridge.

So it is also a very cool range toy right now that already has a 1x prism that turns it into a solid defensive option. Thus, until everything else is finished, my .300BLK gets no more cash. Once I know what I'm doing a little and can find time to hunt on my own (or at least without making a friend teach me, etc.) that 3x will have more priority.

I put a lot of thought into my decisions because once I find the time for ranges and such, it's a treat I don't want to waste because of failed planning!

Top Bottom