• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    Hey, so I'm having my 320sc milled for the RMR pattern. The RMR is proven... The SRO is newer, and apparently not rated for "duty service". However, i love it's larger glass, top battery and all that. I don't mind how it hangs over in the front. Cost is redundant. I carry at 4 oclock, I'm careful with my stuff. Basically, all other things equal, on your daily carry, which would you take?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Myself personally a SRO, I intend on building that exact set up with an p320 X-Compact. It's a carry handgun not a duty handgun so I am comfortable with the durability trade off. Especially if it's IWB carry I seeing it being a very good option.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A defensive handgun is something that you expect to use on the absolute worst day of your life. Probably at the most in opportune time (since criminal predators can choose the timing of their pouncing). Things can, will, and do go sideways. Remember this is the worst day of your life.

It doesn't take much to break an SRO.

Again, you're preparing for the worst day of your life. If you KNEW you were going to have the worst day of your life, would you still select sub-optimal equipment? Serious question. If you KNEW that you were going to get into a fight utilizing your handgun, would you still choose to put sub-optimal equipment on it?

Yes, the SRO's glass is bigger. But it is also a much more fragile piece of equipment. If you want bigger glass than an RMR offers, then the Holosun 507c (and I think there are a few more model #s, too) may be the ticket for you. It's another one that holds up to Aaron Cowan's testing.

"But I don't plan on dropping my gun" you say. Again - worst. day. of. your. life.

Have kit that will survive the worst day of your life.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    A defensive handgun is something that you expect to use on the absolute worst day of your life. Probably at the most in opportune time (since criminal predators can choose the timing of their pouncing). Things can, will, and do go sideways. Remember this is the worst day of your life.

It doesn't take much to break an SRO.

Again, you're preparing for the worst day of your life. If you KNEW you were going to have the worst day of your life, would you still select sub-optimal equipment? Serious question. If you KNEW that you were going to get into a fight utilizing your handgun, would you still choose to put sub-optimal equipment on it?

Yes, the SRO's glass is bigger. But it is also a much more fragile piece of equipment. If you want bigger glass than an RMR offers, then the Holosun 507c (and I think there are a few more model #s, too) may be the ticket for you. It's another one that holds up to Aaron Cowan's testing.

"But I don't plan on dropping my gun" you say. Again - worst. day. of. your. life.

Have kit that will survive the worst day of your life.

very well said. Just not Dots. If you come to party with ANY substandard equipment (thoroughly tested by you and not some gunscribe to sell adds)
    and no skill set and practice then the worst day of your life may get worser.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I've been training, practicing with and carrying the RMR for some time now. For my needs, I really dont see a need to change that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've been training, practicing with and carrying the RMR for some time now. For my needs, I really dont see a need to change that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Certainly not for the inferior SRO product. Trijicon themselves stated the SRO was mainly for bullet golf, and not hard use.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    2500+ rounds on a SRO mounted on the slide and no problems so far.
    Is the SRO more fragile :dunno: Maybe but I do know it is easier and faster to acquire the dot with the bigger window.
    You can practice and do just fine with the smaller window and picking up the dot but when in a high stress situation things can change and I like the odds of a bigger window.:twocents:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    2500+ rounds on a SRO mounted on the slide and no problems so far.
    Is the SRO more fragile :dunno: Maybe but I do know it is easier and faster to acquire the dot with the bigger window.
    You can practice and do just fine with the smaller window and picking up the dot but when in a high stress situation things can change and I like the odds of a bigger window.:twocents:
    Dot or not, anything inside the window gets a hit?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    YMMV! My RMR died during a run-n-gun. It had survived it's 1st run-n-gun. My SRO lived through it's only run-n-gun. I'm going to borrow that same SRO gun (don't own it anymore) & use it again in February at the grueling Heartbreak 2020 run-n-gun. I'll let y'all know how it does. A run-n-gun event is going to be as tough on hardware as it gets imo. Heat, cold, bumps, scrapes, water, mud...

Top Bottom