Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Primary Arms 1-6 Scope

Typically been a vortex guy... looking at the primary arms 1-6. Any issues or good reviews under hard use? hear they have a new 1-8 coming out??? I like the reticle... seems quite good and hoping there's a 300 BLK version.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I've got a couple. They are pretty good optics imo. They do have a reticle to work with 300bo. I will probably buy the 1-8 for my ar10. Buy with confidence.

User Info Menu

I have the 1-6 super/subsonic BDC in 300bo. Works well for me.
    Spartan motto: μολὼν λαβέ-come take it

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have one for 5.56 . It's taken a beating and is still going strong . The reticle is a little busy , but works

User Info Menu

I actually bought a couple of the "2nd's" and they have been outstanding. A lot of scope for the money.

Jin

User Info Menu

Iíve got two

1-6 and a 4-14(i think)

Not sure your definition of hard use but I like mine for plinking

I havenít tried them over 100 yards yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Iíve got two

1-6 and a 4-14(i think)

Not sure your definition of hard use but I like mine for plinking

I havenít tried them over 100 yards yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not trying to hijack OP, but let's say your rifle takes a 10ft drop off a rocky hill. Would you have confidence the scope survives?

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have owned samples of both brands in this price range and found the quality to be about equal (assuming you are talking about their sub $500 optics and not their platinum line). I really wouldnít be surprised if they arenít from the same parent plants in China honestly. However if you like the reticle in the Primary Arms I would go that way. I donít care for the vortex reticle options in their 1-6 or 1-8 strike eagles. I also believe Primary Arms upped their warranty in the last year or so, you may double check on that as well.

User Info Menu

I have their ARC-2-MOA 4-14x44 on my Savage 10BA Stealth with just an regular crosshair with MOA marks. It's a FFP scope for $250 bucks. I wouldn't put it up against a Leupold but I dare say it give a Vortex Viper HST a run for it's money at half the price. It fell out of my safe one time and smacked the hardwood floor with seemingly no ill effect, and that was 200 rounds ago.

I also returned a Vortex 1x Prism and got PA's version with the ACSS reticle(I assume this is the reticle you're referring to) I liked it right out of the box better than the Vortex. It's just as clear with maybe just a slightly smaller FOV but better eye relief. It's kinda small for the 1x to really get the ranging and BDC benefits, but it's on my 9mm PCC which isn't really meant for long range anyway. I'm looking into getting the 3x model for my IWI X95.

Trijicon even made an ACOG with that reticle.

Another awesome thing about that reticle is that it adapts to a bunch of calibers from 9mm to 5.56, .300 BLK/7.62x39, and .308

User Info Menu

I like the PA reticle options for sure. My only experience is with the PA prism optics. Never tried the variables. Iím happy with my prism.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast