• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Typically been a vortex guy... looking at the primary arms 1-6. Any issues or good reviews under hard use? hear they have a new 1-8 coming out??? I like the reticle... seems quite good and hoping there's a 300 BLK version.

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    I've got a couple. They are pretty good optics imo. They do have a reticle to work with 300bo. I will probably buy the 1-8 for my ar10. Buy with confidence.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I’ve got two

1-6 and a 4-14(i think)

Not sure your definition of hard use but I like mine for plinking

I haven’t tried them over 100 yards yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I’ve got two

1-6 and a 4-14(i think)

Not sure your definition of hard use but I like mine for plinking

I haven’t tried them over 100 yards yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to hijack OP, but let's say your rifle takes a 10ft drop off a rocky hill. Would you have confidence the scope survives?

Dmac22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    COLUMBUS
    I have owned samples of both brands in this price range and found the quality to be about equal (assuming you are talking about their sub $500 optics and not their platinum line). I really wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t from the same parent plants in China honestly. However if you like the reticle in the Primary Arms I would go that way. I don’t care for the vortex reticle options in their 1-6 or 1-8 strike eagles. I also believe Primary Arms upped their warranty in the last year or so, you may double check on that as well.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have their ARC-2-MOA 4-14x44 on my Savage 10BA Stealth with just an regular crosshair with MOA marks. It's a FFP scope for $250 bucks. I wouldn't put it up against a Leupold but I dare say it give a Vortex Viper HST a run for it's money at half the price. It fell out of my safe one time and smacked the hardwood floor with seemingly no ill effect, and that was 200 rounds ago.

I also returned a Vortex 1x Prism and got PA's version with the ACSS reticle(I assume this is the reticle you're referring to) I liked it right out of the box better than the Vortex. It's just as clear with maybe just a slightly smaller FOV but better eye relief. It's kinda small for the 1x to really get the ranging and BDC benefits, but it's on my 9mm PCC which isn't really meant for long range anyway. I'm looking into getting the 3x model for my IWI X95.

Trijicon even made an ACOG with that reticle.

Another awesome thing about that reticle is that it adapts to a bunch of calibers from 9mm to 5.56, .300 BLK/7.62x39, and .308

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I like the PA reticle options for sure. My only experience is with the PA prism optics. Never tried the variables. I’m happy with my prism.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a 1-6 with the acss reticle. I really like the glass, it's nice and clear. I just can't get used to the reticle. I'm sure I could and I bet it would be number 1 super awesome, but I like things simple. I'm probably going to sell it and order a tomahawk from swamp fox.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I would like to have the 1-6 or 1-8 2nd focal plane with the acss reticle too. The first focal plane sounds good until you run it at say 1 or 2x which is where I'm at most of the time and realize how much it shrinks the reticle. I prefer the full size reticle then if I need bdc it's gonna be 300 plus yards at that point and your going to be using probably full magnification anyway. Just my opinion though..

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Top Bottom