• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    I'm looking for the safest place to buy a trijicon rmr rm07-c-700679 type 2 adjustable led 6.5.
    I was gonna buy off Amazon but seen alot of reviews guys getting fake knock offs.
    So was just trying to find the best place to buy one and know its authentic.
    Thank you.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Lots of authorized dealers out there: EuroOptic, Midway USA, Optics Planet, and Brownells for sure.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Alan, any thoughts of picking up the line?

I can order it from Trijicon, I just dont order enough to be the cheapest place, and if your not the cheapest place, you will order less, and pay more.

I've thought about expanding, but to be honest, my life is pretty sweet, I'd hate to screw that up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I can order it from Trijicon, I just dont order enough to be the cheapest place, and if your not the cheapest place, you will order less, and pay more.

I've thought about expanding, but to be honest, my life is pretty sweet, I'd hate to screw that up.

Nice. And smart. I used to work for a company that one of it's core principles was PLS. Being in sales we used to say it stood for Please Leave Something, but it actually stood for Product Line Simplification. The idea is that if you could distill your offering down to one item and make the living you desired, that would be the best.

In reality, most can't do that, but we can focus on doing well with less. As you are aware, the more you work with one company, the more they will help you.

You seem to have done okay focusing on one prominent manufacturer.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Typically I buy through real retailers, brick and mortars, try to stay away from Optics planet but Euro optic would be a good place.

I've had good luck buying used too

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have ordered a few via Amazon.com and they are all real. Amazon has competitive pricing on them and free shipping.

The key with buying from Amazon is to buy from Amazon rather than from a third-party seller.

But even still, I would buy something of that value through an authorized dealer like EuroOptic.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I bought my RMR from recoilgunworks. Same with my MRO. Occasionally you can get a good deal on a police trade ins.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have ordered a few via Amazon.com and they are all real. Amazon has competitive pricing on them and free shipping.

The key with buying from Amazon is to buy from Amazon rather than from a third-party seller.

But even still, I would buy something of that value through an authorized dealer like EuroOptic.

Doesn't matter who you buy from Amazon commingles inventory ... search it. I'll never buy a high value item from them.

https://www.awesomedynamic.com/amazon-commingled-inventory/

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That is tempting. For you guys in the know, is this a good deal? And do they come along like this occasionally? I am not in a financial position right now to make a buy and am not fully decided I want to go this route yet.

I do not know if Trijicon is producing any more Type 1 RMRs. I wouldn't think they'd still be making them - but I'll see big sales on them a few times a year so it makes me wonder just how big the extant supply is.

Things to keep in mind: The Type 1 wasn't ever designed / meant / intended to be mounted on a reciprocating pistol slide. A good deal of them have been mounted this way... Which lead to the discovery that the battery leads on the interior weren't quite up to snuff. And that lead to the development of the anti-flicker plate that slightly elevates the battery so it makes better contact.

The Type 2 was, apparently, designed to be more robust in it's most prevalent usage - mounted to a pistol slide. If you're patient and follow the right social media accounts, you can find some of them just under $400.

Then it'll be about a minimum of $125 to have a slide milled should it need done.

Top Bottom