Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Streamlights are good. I’ve had several and they just work. For something you want to trust your life to, it’s about the cheapest I would go.

Another option (might be a bit heavier) is to find a used Surefire m951 and replace the head with a malkoff drop in unit. Depending on how cheap you can find the Surefire, it can be a pretty good deal for a solid light.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    So it's like, if they move, I'll get them. Do we know anybody that makes custom mounts?
    I've done some looking. Surefire is out..way out of budget. Streamlight hlx is where I'm at now, but still looking for some under the radar brand. Olight isn't high up on the list either.
    9b4fb326d49543f07c1b97922d8a5b3f.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Under the radar brands are generally of low quality. If you can’t do SF or the Cloud, stick with the Streamlight until it breaks. I have zero faith in weapon mounted Streamlights, they say the new ones are better but I’ve had too many fail to go back that way.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Under the radar brands are generally of low quality. If you can’t do SF or the Cloud, stick with the Streamlight until it breaks. I have zero faith in weapon mounted Streamlights, they say the new ones are better but I’ve had too many fail to go back that way.
    Really? I have a tlr-1s on a Glock and haven't had issues, but that's another animal. Never used one on a rifle though. What failures did you have?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Really? I have a tlr-1s on a Glock and haven't had issues, but that's another animal. Never used one on a rifle though. What failures did you have?
    Ive had 4 TLR’s fail, leds, switches, contacts, etc. they don’t hold up to high round counts in my personal experience. They say the newer ones are better, YMMV.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Taken into consideration. Surefire is nice but man they hit your wallet hard. Always paying extra for switches and mounts.
    X300U/A mounts to pic rail, no additional switch needed depending on where you mount it. 300/600 Scoutlights are $250ish and don’t need mounts if you like the included, don’t need added switches unless you want them.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The owl is the bees knees. No cords zip ties or separate mounts to buy. It's throws usable light hundreds of yards without washing out. It's big but it doesn't get in your way.

I've got an hl-x that i also like for a budget option. It's a great light for the money and the cheapest I'm willing to venture into anymore.

Tlr hl washes out very fast making it OK for indoor but it's not designed for an AR. Just no ergonomic place to mount it, even using pressure pads.

Inforce wmlx is very washed out terrible ergo hlx is 2x the light. Same with the olight valkyrie pl2.

PicsArt_01-21-02.09.29.jpg

Top Bottom