• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Can anyone recommend a good brand of glove to shoot with when it’s cold? I have some really thin leather gloves (Cabelas, I think) that work for shooting but don’t keep my hands warm.

SlickRick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2020
    Carmel
    I have yet to find a pair of gloves that hold up. Currently trying the mechanix recon. It has made it through a couple classes so far, but worried about how thin they are.

However, I would not recommend the SKDTac PIG gloves. I had a few pairs and they fell apart after a few uses.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Outdoor Research MGS Fleece Sensor Gloves. What I wear for cold weather shooting.

I have their Supressor Glove also and they are tough as hell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I'll throw in a cheap pair to try. I picked a pair of these up to work around the house with. I was looking for something that would keep my hands dry when working with damp yard stuff. I have used them for car repair stuff as well. They are pretty grip-y and I have found that they do a fair job of keeping my hands warm in an unheated garage as well. I do see some wear on them now (the latex is starting to fray) after about 6 months but at $2 I'd call that fair. I have not tried them for shooting but may still get a chance soon.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/safety/gloves/coated-rubber-grip-gloves-large-90912.html

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I’ve been wanting to try out the Magpul gloves, has anyone used them?

I have a pair, that I wear when it is cooler. They have been through 3 Revere Riders Carbine classes, which 2 of classes were in the twenties, and 2 of the days it rained on us all day. They held up fine, and still going strong!

Ron

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I have used about any kind of gloves as long as the are not so thick to cause a problem, last weekend i went to alanta conservation club and forgot my gloves. i had a couple pair of brown Jersey out of my truck and layered up and they worked ok when your hand are cold it does not matter

Gaterboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2019
    Bloomfield
    Second the Machanix brand. They also make an insulated glove. Always wear when I shoot. I have a dozen pairs between the house, shop and barn laying around and I believe a pair in every vehicle.

Top Bottom