• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Leapers UTG has inexpensive/cheap sights/scopes. They also have lifetime warranty on them. For the money and the warranty you might give them a try.

I like Vortex but I'm not sure what you want to spend. So I'm guessing under $100 thus Leapers UTG.

A guy had a UTG T-Dot sight at range on his AR15 I tried it out it isn't to bad even with my astigmatism. I was hitting a 6" paper plate at 50 yards easy enough with it.

Last edited:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Bushnell trs-25 is great and can be had for real cheap $80 on Amazon right now, but I've seen them as cheap as $45(?)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yeah, "cheap but decent" doesn't always go together, but the TRS-25 isn't a bad option for a cheap red dot. Vortex Strikefire II is better at under $200.

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    As stated above Leapers/UTG makes decent optics for the price. Had personal experience with their 3x9 bug buster and it was a great scope for the money. Bushnell TRS25 is a decent red dot.

I know everyone’s budget varies and I don’t judge cause I’ve been there before...hell we all have. But, I would save up the extra money and step up to vortex, sig or even bushnell brands in the budget price range.

P.S...Nikon is stopping production on their optics and there are good sales going on right now to clearance them out. Not a fan of their BDC reticle but they do have a nice piece of glass.

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    i have seen the sparc ar somewhere on the net in the last few week for a $100.00 and i got one a few months back for a $100,00 if i remember right the original sparc had a screw in x2 lens a big plus a lot of people have new red sights they have never used and vortex has life time warranty

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    palmetto state armory has the vortex crossfire with code for 119.00 and it is shipped free code is CROSSFIRE
    A&A Optics ... https://aaoptics.com/ ... has a better deal on a refurbished Crossfire RD ... https://aaoptics.com/Red-Dots-Accessories_c_118.html.

Difference between Palmetto State Armory and A&A Optics ... Alan is one of the local good guys we can support by buying from A&A Optics. Plus you'll get your RD shipped to your door in about a day from A&A ... PSA will get it there someday.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    For the little bit of extra money I would suggest the Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot over the Sparc. I have no personal experience with the Strikefire line from Vortex, but I wasn't at all happy with my Sparc and replaced it with the PA and I haven't had any complaints since. It's not an Aimpoint, but it's the next best thing for the price.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/primar...-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hou.html

Top Bottom