• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    (Yeah it's a man purse even though it's US Army Olive Drab and has cool tactical pouches and such.)

I'm taking my family up through Michigan and down through Wisconsin this summer with a couple of days in Chicago. I normally carry a Ruger LC9s for pocket carry but the various laws will make that a bit more difficult, exempting Illinois of course where the 2nd is "verboten."

So I said the heck with it. I'll bring along the Ruger Security 9 instead and tote it in the Condor man purse, mostly for vehicle carry, nightstand duty or stowage in the Airbnb in Illinois. It'll hold spare mags, knife and Streamlight all in one package.

Anyone else use something similar? If so, what are your experiences with them?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    In my opinion that thing screams "I have a gun in me". If I were traveling to Chicago I'd want everything to be discrete as possible even if it's all locked up legally.

True sir. In Chicago it will go from the vehicle to the Airbnb and won't emerge until we leave for Indiana. I shall be "weapons free" as we travel about the city, exactly as the People's Republic wants it's serfs to be.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I went through a series of Maxpeditions. All were great and done the job.

The new trend in bags is discrete. They look like a day/backpack without all the tactcool molly velcro and such. They look like what anyone might be carrying around their laptop and personal stuff in. Still have discrete quick access compartments.

Presently, I'm switching over to a Vertx.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I went through a series of Maxpeditions. All were great and done the job.

The new trend in bags is discrete. They look like a day/backpack without all the tactcool molly velcro and such. They look like what anyone might be carrying around their laptop and personal stuff in. Still have discrete quick access compartments.

Presently, I'm switching over to a Vertx.

I have their EDC backpack. The quality is good, but I ditched it a while ago for my Gorucks or RFF... neither of which have carry compartments. I just like the bags more. I might re purpose it as a go bag one of these days.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And you'd be surprised how many DONT realize they are used to conceal guns. I've made it past "security" multiple times with my edc tucked safely away. On my Maxpedition, the holster pocket is above the flap. so they have you walk up and open the bag. I do so willingly and they search every opening they can see... then wave me right on by. :laugh:

I had one numbskull give me a look as I approached like "yeah, I know what you are doing." And he was EXTRA thorough. And seemed a little dejected at the end when he didnt find anything.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I use an OD 511 shoulder bag like that for home defense to keep 10 loaded magazines with the AR. I don't like roaming the house all tacticooled. It is better than an ammo can or trying to hand carry an extra mag. Makes a good range bag too. Don't carry your pistol in it and I tell my wife not to carry her pistol in her purse.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Spend an extra 50 and get a CamelBak M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack. I have had one for 15 years and it has been my most useful pack.

Top Bottom