• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have quite a bit of experience with tube red dot scopes from UltraDot, but I'd never had one of these miniature red dot sights (MRDS) before. A couple of months ago, I got on a waiting list for a Sig ROMEO 1 PRO with 3 m.o.a. dot. I had been considering a Leupold Delta Point Pro, but after looking at the different features and prices, I decided on the Sig. I got my first ROMEO 1 PRO around the 18th of January. After mounting it, it became apparent that the windage and elevation couldn't be adjusted to sight it in. I contacted Sig and after a short discussion, they e-mailed me a FEDEX shipping label to ship the faulty optic back. After receiving it, Sig agreed that the sight was defective. After I waited a week, I re-contacted Sig and they said that they got a new shipment in, but that they were defective and it would be another 3 weeks or so before I'd get a replacement. I received my replacement sight on Tuesday, 3/3/20. When I opened the sealed box, I saw that the mounting screws were missing. I called Sig and advised them. The customer service rep. said that they would overnight me the screws. I got the screws yesterday at 10:30 a.m. and I mounted the sight without any issues.

I made a trip to American Shooters in Clarksville today. It only took me 4 shots to get the ROMEO 1 PRO sighted in at 15 yards. After that it required a little tweaking here and there to adjust it for the different loads I was shooting today. The sight held zero with about 175 rounds of 9mm ammo. The lens is clear and the dot is round. The sight has an aluminum housing with a stainless steel protective "cage" that surrounds it. It has an auto turn off feature and plenty of brightness adjustments. It is a solid piece of equipment and well designed.

A negative is that the groove that is for use as an emergency rear "iron" sight on the ROMEO 1 PRO MRDS is not regulated for the standard front sight. Using the standard front sight and integral rear sight notch on the MRDS my rounds printed 11" high at 10 yards. To be fair, a customer service rep. did advise me that it was made to be regulated with a tall "suppressor height" front sight. That makes sense and if I were going to carry this set up, I'd install a "suppressor height" front sight on my Sig P 320 Compact X. Some people may find that the "cage" makes operating the buttons a little difficult. A glaring negative is that the manufacturing facility is behind the eight ball in production and quality control. Waiting a few months to let the manufacturing facility get its act together might be a wise move. I do have to give Sig's customer service an A for being honest and efficient. They handled everything that they had control over extremely well.

I have been working on producing some accurate 9mm loads with different brands and weights of coated lead bullets. Looks like this load with ACME bullets is a keeper for me. It measures 1 1/4" extreme spread (three shots touching) at 25 yards. My goal, has been to develop a load at 25 yards of 3" or so. The group before this one, also met my expectations, with an extreme spread of 3"x2".
    0MkiNoZ.jpg

6qjzyuT.jpg

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks for the info, as I just picked up an XCompact and have now been reading on MRDS.

I've seen a few folks report recently the manufacturing issue, but also the great CS on the part of Sig.

Thanks for this info specifically as well
    A negative is that the groove that is for use as an emergency rear "iron" sight on the ROMEO 1 PRO MRDS is not regulated for the standard front sight.

Makes sense I guess, but probably would not have occurred to me with my inexperience in the area of MRDS until I saw it for myself had you not pointed it out.

jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Thank you for this review and feedback. I have an X5 and have been contemplating this sight. It has good reviews, but the manufacturing issues are disappointment. I might wait a few more months and let them get the bugs out.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thank you for this review and feedback. I have an X5 and have been contemplating this sight. It has good reviews, but the manufacturing issues are disappointment. I might wait a few more months and let them get the bugs out.
    I think your idea of waiting is a good one. Once I got my replacement, everything has functioned A OK!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thanks for the info, as I just picked up an XCompact and have now been reading on MRDS.

I've seen a few folks report recently the manufacturing issue, but also the great CS on the part of Sig.

Thanks for this info specifically as well

Makes sense I guess, but probably would not have occurred to me with my inexperience in the area of MRDS until I saw it for myself had you not pointed it out.
    Just buy an RMR Gen2 and forget about the rest. SIG is marketing a cheap Chinese made POS. I’ve even gotten rid of the Holosuns I bought, because **** China, except for crab Rangoon.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Just buy an RMR Gen2 and forget about the rest. SIG is marketing a cheap Chinese made POS. I’ve even gotten rid of the Holosuns I bought, because **** China, except for crab Rangoon.
    I'm pretty sure that the Sig Romeo 1 PRO is made in the Phillipines. Have you tested one?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm pretty sure that the Sig Romeo 1 PRO is made in the Phillipines. Have you tested one?
    Last I saw, all Sig optics listed China as country of origin, that may have changed? Simply put, no I haven’t tested one, as I already have RMRs, and the Sig optics offer nothing more for just a little less money.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Last I saw, all Sig optics listed China as country of origin, that may have changed? Simply put, no I haven’t tested one, as I already have RMRs, and the Sig optics offer nothing more for just a little less money.
    On the end of the box of my Sig ROMEO 1 PRO, it states, "Assembled in the Philippines". If I were going to war, I'd probably spend twice the money and go with something like a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro, but for now the Sig fits the bill. The Sig also has a Lifetime Guarantee which isn't bad for the price point. I've tried to post an unbiased review of the product based on hands-on experience. Hope you gained some insight.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    On the end of the box of my Sig ROMEO 1 PRO, it states, "Assembled in the Philippines". If I were going to war, I'd probably spend twice the money and go with something like a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro, but for now the Sig fits the bill. The Sig also has a Lifetime Guarantee which isn't bad for the price point. I've tried to post an unbiased review of the product based on hands-on experience. Hope you gained some insight.
    No problem, you do you. All my rifles are “go to war” rifles, I don’t **** with the JAGA stuff, so my plinker is also “go to war” ready, therefor I accessorize with “go to war” accessories. These days, “go to war” is as little as a couple days without...As far as Sig’s “Lifetime Warranty”, when you release stuff for the public to Beta, you have to have a decent warranty.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    No problem, you do you. All my rifles are “go to war” rifles, I don’t **** with the JAGA stuff, so my plinker is also “go to war” ready, therefor I accessorize with “go to war” accessories. These days, “go to war” is as little as a couple days without...As far as Sig’s “Lifetime Warranty”, when you release stuff for the public to Beta, you have to have a decent warranty.
    As someone who has gone to war, nothing that has happened in the states in modern times compares. It is highly unlikely that the weapons/ accessories would ever undergo such grueling mistreatment as that of extended combat. Once the kinks in assembly are worked out, I consider the Sig ROMEO 1 PRO a durable piece of equipment for a reasonable price. If you ever decide to make a comparison of products, I'll be all ears.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    As someone who has gone to war, nothing that has happened in the states in modern times compares. It is highly unlikely that the weapons/ accessories would ever undergo such grueling mistreatment as that of extended combat. Once the kinks in assembly are worked out, I consider the Sig ROMEO 1 PRO a durable piece of equipment for a reasonable price. If you ever decide to make a comparison of products, I'll be all ears.
    Thank you for the review on the Romeo Pro, not all of us have a “go to war” budget nor feel the need to purchase top of the line red dots on a $500 pistol.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thank you for the review on the Romeo Pro, not all of us have a “go to war” budget nor feel the need to purchase top of the line red dots on a $500 pistol.
    There is under $30 difference between a Sig Romeo 1 and a PROVEN RELIABLE RMR Type 2 depending on model? Optics planet has the Sig for $399-$419 RMR Type 2’s are $436-540 depending on options? $30 and not have to beta test it for th3m?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The Trijicon appears to be a top notch product, but I paid over $200.00 less for the Sig ROMEO 1 PRO. You need to shop around to get the best prices. Like I said, though, I'd wait a while until Sig gets their assembly problems straightened out.

TacOpsGuy320

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the detailed review. I have a P320 X5 Legion that's milled for the pro. I have a Holosun 507 on another pistol that I really like but I think the Romeo Pro1 will be a good match for the legion.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've been thinking about something similar on an M&P for my bedside. Leaning towards the Holosun 407 or 507 due to the instant on "shake awake" feature.

Top Bottom