• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Good evening

It has been sometime since I last was on this forum, and I’m happy to be back. I am hoping you all can provide some guidance.

In the past, I have generally spent my firearms time hunting and also plinking.

With the current events, I’ve realized that I also need to invest more time and thought into preparedness, training, etc.

Can you help me understand the options or what I need to look for in a belt? What does the talk of inner versus outer mean?

I do not currently carry, although will look to hopefully do so at some point in the future. I am curious to look into belts that could be used for basic carry and on up to more of a “duty belt” that could carry a couple extra pistol mags, rifle mag or two, OWB carry, etc. Essentially a gear option should I need to deploy protection/security, maybe even do some training at the range, or be stripped down to just simple conceal carry.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Good evening

It has been sometime since I last was on this forum, and I’m happy to be back. I am hoping you all can provide some guidance.

In the past, I have generally spent my firearms time hunting and also plinking.

With the current events, I’ve realized that I also need to invest more time and thought into preparedness, training, etc.

Can you help me understand the options or what I need to look for in a belt? What does the talk of inner versus outer mean?

I do not currently carry, although will look to hopefully do so at some point in the future. I am curious to look into belts that could be used for basic carry and on up to more of a “duty belt” that could carry a couple extra pistol mags, rifle mag or two, OWB carry, etc. Essentially a gear option should I need to deploy protection/security, maybe even do some training at the range, or be stripped down to just simple conceal carry.

Here's a few to start...If you want just a daily carry belt, simple sturdy leather and a good holster. i wouldnt worry too much about 2-piece belts unles you are getting into uspsa/idpa or the like. I have had great success with both the 5.11 operator (bought from a fellow INGO'er), and the bigfoot with spring steel core.

https://gunbelts.com/

https://www.511tactical.com/operator-belt-1-34-wide.html

https://www.hanksbelts.com/

https://www.thebeltman.net/

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I carry a full size pistol Inside waistband everyday. I have tried numerous belts and now have a favorite that holds up well. The one I am currently using has 6 years EDC on it.
    https://www.desantisholster.com/1-1-2-everyday-carry-edc-belt/
    You can't go wrong with this belt. I've bought several as gifts to people I know who EDC and they love them as much as I do. They are heavy duty and hold up well. They don't bend like so many. I've even tried them steel lined belts. They dont hold as well as these.

Here is the information on them.

The E25 is built from a combination bonded leather and other synthetic materials to form a very sturdy weapons platform. The E25 was designed as an under-belt for the NYPD officers and it's about 3.5mm thick making it an ideal CCW belt. It is available in black only with a black powder coated buckle.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've been using a Magppul Tejas for a few years now and been extremely happy with it. No sagging, stiff and makes carrying way easier than a lot of belts.

When I travel, or the weather is super hot and carry a lighter pistol I switch to their Burro belt which is all rubber and for it's purpose have been happy. Picked up a Nextbelt to try as well, just no experience which a pistol on it at the moment

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I really liked gingerich leather belts. I found mine at tony saddle shop in Valparaiso Indiana. I do believe it’s a small company It was like 65 but it’s very thick and holds a gun well. Check it out

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Thank you for all of the input and suggestions.

What is the major difference between just an EDC belt and a “two-piece” belt?

Are there belts out there that can double as both just light EDC and then be an inner belt for a two piece setup?

Not sure if that makes sense...

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Thank you for all of the input and suggestions.

What is the major difference between just an EDC belt and a “two-piece” belt?

Are there belts out there that can double as both just light EDC and then be an inner belt for a two piece setup?

Not sure if that makes sense...

I use a Super Bio Belt for everyday use and as the trouser belt half of my duty belt. 5+ years, still going strong.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am a bit surprized there is not more support for the bio belt in this thread. I had a 511 leather that was worthless in 2 years.

My bio belt is over 5 years old and is in near like new condition. I carry a 1911 OWB and two spare mags OWB.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I use a Super Bio Belt for everyday use and as the trouser belt half of my duty belt. 5+ years, still going strong.

For using with your duty belt, do you just use keepers to connect them? I was under the impression that an inner belt of a duty/battle belt used hook and loop to connect the two?

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Daltech Force if you want a traditional syyle leather belt. Kore Essentials for an infinitely and easily adjustable stylish gun belt; so comfortable you will wear it all the tome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Daltech is made right here in Indiana. They used to give a discount for INGO, IIRC. My bull belt has held up nicely (3 yrs?) for my EDC which are all compacts or sub-compacts. If you are carrying heavier weapons you may want something from them like the Bio others have spoken about. It sounds like there are a lot of nice belts out there. Keep reading and searching, you'll find the right one.

Top Bottom