Retention Holster for Glock 19 Roland Special?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    I’ve been scouring the interwebs for a quality OWB retention holster for my Glock 19 Roland.

I found a couple offerings from Safariland that may work (6360RDS & 6354DO). Want to stay away from SERPA holsters.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’ve been scouring the interwebs for a quality OWB retention holster for my Glock 19 Roland.

I found a couple offerings from Safariland that may work (6360RDS & 6354DO). Want to stay away from SERPA holsters.

As far as I know, any retention holster for the G34 should fit the Roland. That said the only holster I currently have for mine is a Raven VG3. I’m searching for a used RCS Roland holster, to no avail so far.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Thank you for the info. The sizing on Safariland’s website really doesn’t factor in brake length.

Are the other holsters you mentioned retention?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

If you are serious about retaining your gun then you might not want a Raven VG3.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you are serious about retaining your gun then you might not want a Raven VG3.
    I guess as you get older, reading comprehension gets tougher, just like staying relevant? Oh annoying one, please point out which post declared a VG3 to be a retention holster? Even then, how many FoF classes have you attended with one?

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    I run a 6354DO with mine. Also have one of the RCS Roland Special holsters. As Vigilant said above, you need the G34 sized 6354DO.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    I run a 6354DO with mine. Also have one of the RCS Roland Special holsters. As Vigilant said above, you need the G34 sized 6354DO.

Copy that, thanks for the feedback.

Do you have your suppressor height read sight mounted in front or behind the rmr? If mounted behind, did you have to make any mods to the holster?.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    A lot of the Safariland holsters are open on the bottom, so if it is a little too long, it's okay, as long as the ejection port is in the same place. It may just stick out a little bit.

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Copy that, thanks for the feedback.

Do you have your suppressor height read sight mounted in front or behind the rmr? If mounted behind, did you have to make any mods to the holster?.

Mine is behind the RMR. I have heard of some people needing to mod the holster, but on the two I own, I did not.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    LOL.

Good writing composition can really help with reading comprehension.

I guess as you get older, reading comprehension gets tougher, just like staying relevant? Oh annoying one, please point out which post declared a VG3 to be a retention holster? Even then, how many FoF classes have you attended with one?

Top Bottom