Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Aliengear holsters worth it?

I recently ordered from aliengear due to a few buddies saying they make top notch holsters. Found out after i placed the order that there is a 5-6 week lead time.... was like holy ****!! Are these holster as good as ive been told?

User Info Menu

YMMV, as it depends on multiple variables: type of handgun, specific holster in question, what your body type and intended carry position(s) are.

I ordered an Alien Gear Cloak Mod OWB holster for an HK VP9SK last year -- didn't like it in the slightest and returned immediately.
    Here's a brief summary of my findings:

1. The holster is quite bulky...
    2. Yet the gun had enough play to be annoying (even after multiple attempts to adjust the retention).
    3. The rubberized surface had too much grip on the gun for my liking.
    4. Said surface got marred and scratched up after the few initial draw-reholster cycles sufficiently for me to worry about its longevity.
    5. To me, the paddle is useless: hard to put on, very uncomfortable against the bone.

To put things into perspective: I zoned in on KT Akela holster from KT Mech for OWB (3 o'clock) at the range and Remora for IWB concealed carry.

Master

User Info Menu

IMHO you will jot be disappointed with an Alien gear holster. I have a couple of them and have been very happy with them. I have the IWB 3.0 and 3.5 and they are comfortable and they fit the gun like a glove

User Info Menu

I have an IWB 4.0 and I like it. Wait time is what it is, probably due to being forced to curtail or shut down their facility.
    Life's biggest regrets are the things not said and chances not taken

User Info Menu

I use their ankle holster for my back-up duty weapon. I really like it, but that's the only holster of theirs that I have experience with.
    Member: NRA, GOA, & SAF

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7hatGuy View Post
    I recently ordered from aliengear due to a few buddies saying they make top notch holsters. Found out after i placed the order that there is a 5-6 week lead time.... was like holy ****!! Are these holster as good as ive been told?
    They are my go to holster. I carry iwb so can only tell you about them. I have their leather iwb 3.0 3.5 holsters i like them all. The 3.0, 3.5 are cooler in the summer than the leather IMO. I work outside year round and they are the most comfortable i have found in almost 3 decades of iwb carry. I've wasted a lot of money on different holsters. Now Alien Gear gets my iwb money.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

I recently ordered from aliengear due to a few buddies saying they make top notch holsters.
    Aliengear IWB is a Hyundai. It's serviceable, will probably work for most uses for most users, but to call it "top notch" is a sign you have never driven anything other then Hyundais or Yugos. Your buddies have never seen an actual top notch holster. Aliengear Appendix looks very much like a Yugo would be the better bet.
    L'otters are not afraid.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Aliengear IWB is a Hyundai. It's serviceable, will probably work for most uses for most users, but to call it "top notch" is a sign you have never driven anything other then Hyundais or Yugos. Your buddies have never seen an actual top notch holster. Aliengear Appendix looks very much like a Yugo would be the better bet.

ok so since you make that claim what do you consider better? Why?

also for the others who have commented. I have a iwb and the belly band thing f
    for when you are wearing gym shorts and such.

User Info Menu

ok so since you make that claim what do you consider better? Why?

also for the others who have commented. I have a iwb and the belly band thing f
    for when you are wearing gym shorts and such.
    What do you want to spend? How do you intend to carry? For what purpose?

See, there's two ways to view this. #1 is a holster is just a gun bucket you wear. In that case, you don't need or want my input. #2 is that mission drives the gear train. Different holsters are better for different things. Some generic answer is meaningless. Also, without a budget to keep in mind you still don't need or want my input as I may list things beyond what you want to spend.
    L'otters are not afraid.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What do you want to spend? How do you intend to carry? For what purpose?

See, there's two ways to view this. #1 is a holster is just a gun bucket you wear. In that case, you don't need or want my input. #2 is that mission drives the gear train. Different holsters are better for different things. Some generic answer is meaningless. Also, without a budget to keep in mind you still don't need or want my input as I may list things beyond what you want to spend.
    money is no obstacle if i can see the value in it. I will most always carry inside waist band or appendix. I need something with will work with gym shorts/clothing that doesn’t allow a belt. Something comfortable obviously. I do alot of hiking and bike riding something that attaches to a backpack or similar is something im looking for as well.

i liked the modular aspect to alien gear holsters.

also if i take the time to ask i want your input.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast