• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So I'm trying to find a good quality light/lazer combo for my rifle, I just saw that crimson trace had a few models anyone have those? Or is there something better I should look at.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I mounted a Sig Romeo 5 on my AR.
    it's got 2 min dot & dial to brighten.
    automatic on/off by motion is nice.

accurate @50y

got it in a trade & very happy.

still have 4X scope quick mounts for longer range.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I've got a tlr2 hl g on a home defense ar. My only justification for a visible laser is that it's easy to arrow without glasses on.

Without going off the deep end cost wise is a good unit. It holds zero and has a solid tape switch.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Do you really need the laser? Visible lasers have a lot of downsides and aren't as useful as you think.

The most value will be the light only in your budget.

The lcs kit hl-x kit is 175 bucks and it's an excellent quality light rig.

A solid laser is going to eat your entire budget, and then some. Cheaper ones have a lot of adjustment slop. I've seen 12" @50yards in zero shift over the course of a day at the range.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    $200 I would like a green dot preference, and IR capability, and a good light w strobe and brightness settings

I just don't think you will find a laser you want for under 1k.

OLight is probably the best of the cheap. If you don't mind not having a remote switch. And having a visible laser only

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    $200 I would like a green dot preference, and IR capability, and a good light w strobe and brightness settings

Most people only like the visible lasers because they are slaved with IR lasers to zero them during the day. An IR laser is a good aiming solution if you shoot under night vision and dont want to shoot passive. Also, Probably not going to get anything quality in that budget with all of those options. Atleast, nothing that i would trust on a rifle that i would need to use in a real situation. Most of the civilian legal lasers that have visible laser, IR laser, and white light are going to be in the $1,000+ range. Even in those price ranges with the performance its almost better to get a dedicated Laser unit, then a separate light and run them on a tape switch. Again, any serviceable setup will probably be significantly above this price range.

a nice civilian legal setup would be:
    Dbal I2 (visible and IR laser)
    Modlite flashlight
    unity taps sync switch

EDIT: the above setup would probably be close to $1500. Unless you can source some of this on the used market.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    If I could ever afford nvgs I would but I don't have the winning lottery ticket lol

I hear you on that I sold about 5 quality guns to pay for the night vision. Lol then a ton of overtime for everything needed with it. I wouldn’t change a thing. I use the night vision way more than the guns that just sat in the safe...

Top Bottom