• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I’m getting ready to order me a Blade Tech Holster for my Glock. But I was looking at there mag pouches as well. Does anyone carry one daily or
    use it while they’re shooting?

I also liked the look for their nylon belts as well. But wasn’t sure about it due the the price tag? Just seeing if anyone can chime in.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    for competition, (USPSA open/limited) I've been using safariland mag pouches since '96.
    going to start rimfire falling steel this year, I picked up 2 safariland competition AR mag pouches for my M&P 15-22.

I have an old safariland inner/outer belt for USPSA, most recent belt was a midway USA competition belt.

safariland gear has never let me down.

:cheers:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I’m getting ready to order me a Blade Tech Holster for my Glock. But I was looking at there mag pouches as well. Does anyone carry one daily or

I also liked the look for their nylon belts as well. But wasn’t sure about it due the the price tag? Just seeing if anyone can chime in.

BladeTech good stuff but end use is important. EDC go leather. Shooting sports or lightweight plinking go BladeTech. Wise shooters only carry plastic scabbards when it’s ok to lose their gun.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    BladeTech good stuff but end use is important. EDC go leather. Shooting sports or lightweight plinking go BladeTech. Wise shooters only carry plastic scabbards when it’s ok to lose their gun.

What?

Is this to imply retention is unequivocally better with leather no matter the circumstances and condition or type of equipment? And that kydex is inherently inferior and unsuited for retaining a gun or spare mags?

Blanket statements like this are silly. Leather is great and all, but there are plenty of good Kydex hostlers out there that offer better retention than loads of leather rigs.

If you like leather use leather. But if retention is goal one, I'll take a plastic Safariland over leather, all day everyday.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    What?

Is this to imply retention is unequivocally better with leather no matter the circumstances and condition or type of equipment? And that kydex is inherently inferior and unsuited for retaining a gun or spare mags?

Blanket statements like this are silly. Leather is great and all, but there are plenty of good Kydex hostlers out there that offer better retention than loads of leather rigs.

If you like leather use leather. But if retention is goal one, I'll take a plastic Safariland over leather, all day everyday.

your choice...not mine. Plastic can break, be noisy and less cohesive. EDC may involve swimming, climbing, running, hand to hand, wrestling around on the ground, horseback riding, getting in and out of vehicles quickly, seat belt hang ups etc. no thank you, I will stay with my worn in high quality leather glove if you will. Plastic scabbards for fun only. Again. My choice.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    your choice...not mine. Plastic can break, be noisy and less cohesive. EDC may involve swimming, climbing, running, hand to hand, wrestling around on the ground, horseback riding, getting in and out of vehicles quickly, seat belt hang ups etc. no thank you, I will stay with my worn in high quality leather glove if you will. Plastic scabbards for fun only. Again. My choice.

So when you’re swimming are you packing the super soaker 1000 or super soaker 5000? Just needing to know what gun to carry in the water?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Jesus H Christ. Would you just stop already with pissing EVERYONE off on this website. The OP asked about anyone with experience with Blade Tech holsters. He didn't ask anything about leather. Do us all a favor and stop shoving your unsolicited ignorant advice down our throats every chance you get. It is way beyond old and you have been nothing but a cancer around here. Just stop being so rude to everyone Jim, we're all sick of it. And honestly, I think you may need medical help, there has got to be something seriously wrong with your mental state to go around acting like this all the time. It needs to end. I am flagging your post to the Moderators. You need stopped, again. Your posts are not helpful to anyone, instead they just instill anger.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a couple Blade-Techs. They work fine. And a couple Comp-Tacs. They work fine. And a couple Bravo. They work fine. And several Kytex (not to be confused with Kydex, though they are made out of it). I like them too. They are simply made and not expensive.

I don't know how long they would last before they got too loose since I'm not using them a lot so maybe others that own them will chime in.

I guess, after proof reading this, my point would be most brands will do an acceptable job of holding a mag.:)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have several of their AR mag pouches that I've used for a few years in training classes. The retention is good for metal & polymer mags (and adjustable). I like the method they use to attach it to my belt (Tek Lok). They feel well made. I would have no problem using one of their pouches for a handgun magazine.

Here are the ones I'm referring to:
    https://blade-tech.com/products/signature-series-ar-mag-pouch?variant=3975919960092

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    All I'll say to this. There is an IGNORE button. Feel free to use it at your discretion.

I'll say this too.
    Navy Seals carry leather. Right?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I run mostly Bravo Concealment these days. Not sure if they have a BOGO on mag carriers but they do on holsters.

IMHO good kydex is a step above Bladetech for not a lot more in price. Modern designs pull the gun into you, for better concealment.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

I have used a Blade-Tech holster/mag carrier successfully several times in a course or match. It retains well and is durable on repeated use.

For EDC, I use leather or other Kydex brands. (1791 leather for 1911, Bravo Concealment for Glock)I find the BladeTech stuff to be a bit bulky and squared. Prints a bit more than I like. It's good stuff, but if EDC is your game spend the small amount of extra coin and get something a bit more quality. My 2¢.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I run mostly Bravo Concealment these days. Not sure if they have a BOGO on mag carriers but they do on holsters.

IMHO good kydex is a step above Bladetech for not a lot more in price. Modern designs pull the gun into you, for better concealment.
    Echoes. I did not see this post before I typed mine. In short.....what he said^

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Jesus H Christ. Would you just stop already with pissing EVERYONE off on this website. The OP asked about anyone with experience with Blade Tech holsters. He didn't ask anything about leather. Do us all a favor and stop shoving your unsolicited ignorant advice down our throats every chance you get. It is way beyond old and you have been nothing but a cancer around here. Just stop being so rude to everyone Jim, we're all sick of it. And honestly, I think you may need medical help, there has got to be something seriously wrong with your mental state to go around acting like this all the time. It needs to end. I am flagging your post to the Moderators. You need stopped, again. Your posts are not helpful to anyone, instead they just instill anger.
    :whip:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Bravo does a good job of making holsters that sit tight against your side. I own several and see no reason to spend more on Kydex.

But I digress as this is about mag carriers.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I have several of their AR mag pouches that I've used for a few years in training classes. The retention is good for metal & polymer mags (and adjustable). I like the method they use to attach it to my belt (Tek Lok). They feel well made. I would have no problem using one of their pouches for a handgun magazine.

Here are the ones I'm referring to:
    https://blade-tech.com/products/signature-series-ar-mag-pouch?variant=3975919960092

Thank you very much. Definitely helps. They’re running a sale this weekend thought I’d try them out.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Bravo does a good job of making holsters that sit tight against your side. I own several and see no reason to spend more on Kydex.

But I digress as this is about mag carriers.

Well you guys changed my mind I decided to go
    with the Bravo Concealment holsters instead . Mad that that both places were out of their belts.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well you guys changed my mind I decided to go
    with the Bravo Concealment holsters instead . Mad that that both places were out of their belts.

You won't be disappointed. And if you are, send it back. He doesn't care what the reason is or if you have used it. He'll take it back.

Unlike some more expensive holsters out there. I spent way more than I should have on a WLW holster and was stuck with it. I ended up selling it for $50.

Never again.

Top Bottom