• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    So i just acquired my first AR and need/want more magazines. Since I have never had a reason, I have never paid any attention to their cost. I realize that prices are probably inflated right now, but was wondering what a fair/good price is for them and what to look for when things calm down. Can anyone clue in the clueless?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    They are not crazy high now. I'd buy some now. It's probably only going to get worse as Biden gains momentum. And if he makes it, I would expect them to either skyrocket in price or be illegal to own and/or sell. Or both.

$8-10 is a decent price for Pmags. Even when things "settle down", they won't be much less than that.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    D&H, buy 10 from PSA and save the shipping... Sometimes they run them on sale for as low as $6.99 but $9.99 is fair.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    D&H, buy 10 from PSA and save the shipping... Sometimes they run them on sale for as low as $6.99 but $9.99 is fair.

Even at $9.99 that's a better price than some of the surplus mags at guns shows a few months back. Just like everyone else said already, now is the time to buy, not when another rush hits.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    walk.......don't run.

to any Rural King.

magpul gen 3 $14.

if your gun came with one......buy one.

while you are there buy some ammo, they have a limit so stuff stays on shelf.

if you live in Indy riots may need to buy more guns & ammo & drive to New Castle or Frankfort or go to rkguns.com

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    https://www.recoilgunworks.com/magp...3.2020&utm_campaign=6.3.2020&utm_medium=email

00H0H_kUlePOTwCxl_0bC0hZ_1200x900.jpg

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    walk.......don't run.

to any Rural King.

magpul gen 3 $14.

if your gun came with one......buy one.

while you are there buy some ammo, they have a limit so stuff stays on shelf.

if you live in Indy riots may need to buy more guns & ammo & drive to New Castle or Frankfort or go to rkguns.com
    LOL
    Sorry, but my fat hind end doesn't run anymore! However I will drive and walk fast...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So what is the difference between magpul m2 and m3?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

The M3 has an over insertion tab to prevent slamming it home too far. And a slimmer floor plate and a "dot matrix" on the side. This so you can color a number of dots to be able to number them as opposed to say, writing a number on the mag.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I've run Gen1 and Gen 2 Pmags at several matches and training schools with no issue. As a matter if fact, I've only had issues with one AR mag of any type and that was a very old, very used 20 round surplus mag.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

The M3 has an over insertion tab to prevent slamming it home too far. And a slimmer floor plate and a "dot matrix" on the side. This so you can color a number of dots to be able to number them as opposed to say, writing a number on the mag.

I was going to say about $2

Top Bottom