• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I am going to be purchasing a PCC soon and am in the market for a red dot and a set of flip up sights. I am leaning toward the Sig Romeo 5 just because it gets so much love. As far as flip up sights that's something I know very little about so any suggestions there are appreciated.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I've got a couple sets of Magpul MBUS sights. Work fine for backups if my optic gives up. I wouldn't use them as a primary sighting system but for my purposes they're fine and don't break the bank.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don’t run BUIS on my PCC, but it is range use only. If I ran across a cheap set laying around I would probably slap them on the gun.

My real carbines, 1 has Magpul pro the other MBUS. I really like the Pros but the old fashioned polymer MBUS sights work perfectly fine. It just comes down to budget and cosmetics.

For optics in the $100-$250 price range just pick one of the following. Sig Romeo, Riton, Holosun, Vortex. They all roll out of a Chinese factory and IMO are of similar quality. I wouldn’t hesitate to use any of those brands on my rifle, I would however have a set of back up sights on the gun.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I run BUIS on my AR's, mostly Troy's. I like verifying the red dot before shooting sessions and have finished a match with the irons when a battery went dry.

I set up my PCC to mimic my 5.56 guns. With my Midwest Industries rail and Troy BUIS, there was not enough sight adjustment to zero the irons at 25 yards.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Magpul MBUS are fine but do recommend stepping up to Magpul Pro or Troy if you can. I like both so I cant say one over the other.

For red dots I have a few vortex crossfire ive been happy with so far.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Thanks for the input. I plan on getting the red dot soon. Flip up sights can wait but I do plan on getting some before the year is out. PSA has a good price on the Romeo 5 ($140) which is just another reason I am leaning toward one. I haven't ruled out a different one however. My pcc is set to ship in 2 weeks so I don't have to order it immediately.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thanks for the input. I plan on getting the red dot soon. Flip up sights can wait but I do plan on getting some before the year is out. PSA has a good price on the Romeo 5 ($140) which is just another reason I am leaning toward one. I haven't ruled out a different one however. My pcc is set to ship in 2 weeks so I don't have to order it immediately.
    $128.99 with free priority mail shipping and no tax at Osage County Guns. I've ordered several times from them, good folks.

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-sor52001.html

Or if you want to save some money, but have a few less features as the Romeo5, they also have the Sig MSR for $74.99 plus shipping.

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-sor72001.html

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My preference is Troy battle sights. If I was on a budget, basic magpul mbus are outstanding for the price and I’ve used them many times on builds.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Whats your budget? That will help us narrow down what to recommend.
    Key point here. People get really spendy on backup sights that they'll never actually use...

Unless you're planning on going to war with your gun, you really don't need BUS at all.
    Truth. I split the difference for mine. The vortex spitfire has an etched reticle so i almost never actually use the illumination except during lower light situations. Dusk is a real pain... That rifle will never need a set of backup sights.

Something that hadn't been asked, but what is the purpose of your PCC? If it's just a range toy, you can go cheaper.
    or not bother at all...range toys don't need backup sights. They need backup batteries kept in your range bag.

Top Bottom