• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So I'm looking for a good quality not the rolls Royce of sights, iv seen post about back up, flip ups and iv looked at a few sights and done some store browsing, so I think iv narrowed it down to 2 sights if I could get some real life opinions first is the trijicon MRO iv heard good things and saw a vid about how strong it's built,

second is the sig sauer Romeo, I went to Tims shooting range in Westfield and was told that everyone who runs this sight loves it and it looks like a nice sight and I liked the added "solar" switch so batteries aren't a issue, so has anyone ran either sight? Both run in I think a good price range

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Ive got a Romeo 5 on one of my ARs. Works good, never given me a single problem. Not much i can say about it other than that. Trijicon stuff is nice but you definitely pay for it. Id consider a Holosun or vortex before spending trijicon money.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I have an older Primary Arms micro red dot that has been very good. Primary Arms now has one that looks similar to the Romeo 5 as does Holosun, they may even be made by the same company. I imagine Primary Arms sells all of them so you could compare features and warranties. Not sure if this is any help

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I run a Trijicon MRO on my AR SBR (10.3") and 16" 9mm carbine - both on Scalarworks absolute co-witness mounts. I haven't had one hiccup or issue through about 9,000 rounds on the SBR and 3,000 on the 9mm carbine. I've banged my SBR around a couple of times and the MRO has held zero and never even flickered. It's pretty spendy compared to Sig or Primary Arms but it's been worth it for me and I wouldn't look back. YMMV.

If you like solar on the Sig, you might look at Holoson as well.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    What ever sight you decide to get, check to make sure it will work with your eyes. If you have any astigmatism at all, the dot may be anything except a dot. A different sight may work just fine, just depends on how the glass is ground. Keeping the reticle intensity setting on the low end will help, but not eliminate the effect.

TacOpsGuy320

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Greenfield
    I have an MRO on a pcc and I really like it. It’s on a Geissele mount and it works well the field of view is fantastic and the quality is what you would expect from Trijicon. I honestly don’t think you would be disappointed in either. Holosun also makes great products.

Jones1776

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2020
    fort wayne
    The sig Romeo 5 is as great sight for the money, I like the shake await function and it specs out nearly the same as some red dots 7 times more expensive

Jones1776

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2020
    fort wayne
    I own a few aimpoint micro t1 s and a trijicon mro they are better red dots but for the difference in money I would say go with the sig romeo or holusun unless your an operator

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    What about the Bushnell TRS-26? I have no experience with this optic but, it came through on a email blast a few weeks ago. I have casually researched it and the reviews look good for the price point ($160'ish). It looks like it, it is more or less a Trijicon MRO clone or at least inspired.

For what it is worth, I do have a Bushnell TRS-25 (a little tube style red dot) on one of my 10/22 just for fun. For a red dot that is less then a 100 bucks ($80 actually on Amazon), it's a good little optic.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I owned a PA Gen I RDS which held up well. Had it mounted on an AK. I currently have a Romeo 5 mounted on a CZ Scorpion, but previously had it mounted on an IWI X95. My distance vision isn't terribly good anymore, but the sight works well on both firearms.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have the Sig Romeo 5. In fact I have 4 of them.

1. 10/22 Charger Takedown.
    2. 10.5" AR SBR.
    3. .44 mag Rossi 92.
    4. Lee Enfield No4 Mk1

The latter 2 being mounted forward in a scout scope position.

These are a great little red dot sight for the money. I don't have the version with the solar power, but the CR2032 batteries can be found at any Walmart, grocery store, gas station... They must be the AA of the button battery world. Here is an eyeopening video review of just how tough these inexpensive little sights can be... Dude even shoots his with a shotgun, and freezes it in a block of ice...

[video=youtube;Fuq_N129SAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuq_N129SAI[/video]

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    Never had a Trijicon so I can’t speak to that, but a Romeo 5 is a great red dot. Never a hiccup, and the price point is good on them too.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Been looking all day for them on line (Romeo 5) and best price is around $150. Found them cheaper, but was out of stock.
    I'm looking for 2, anyone know of a gun shop that may carry them.
    Thanks to all, great thread and input.

Top Bottom