Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Red dot sights

User Info Menu

Red dot sights

So I'm looking for a good quality not the rolls Royce of sights, iv seen post about back up, flip ups and iv looked at a few sights and done some store browsing, so I think iv narrowed it down to 2 sights if I could get some real life opinions first is the trijicon MRO iv heard good things and saw a vid about how strong it's built,

second is the sig sauer Romeo, I went to Tims shooting range in Westfield and was told that everyone who runs this sight loves it and it looks like a nice sight and I liked the added "solar" switch so batteries aren't a issue, so has anyone ran either sight? Both run in I think a good price range
    Si vis pacem, para bellum, "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

User Info Menu

Ive got a Romeo 5 on one of my ARs. Works good, never given me a single problem. Not much i can say about it other than that. Trijicon stuff is nice but you definitely pay for it. Id consider a Holosun or vortex before spending trijicon money.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have an older Primary Arms micro red dot that has been very good. Primary Arms now has one that looks similar to the Romeo 5 as does Holosun, they may even be made by the same company. I imagine Primary Arms sells all of them so you could compare features and warranties. Not sure if this is any help

Expert

User Info Menu

I run a Trijicon MRO on my AR SBR (10.3") and 16" 9mm carbine - both on Scalarworks absolute co-witness mounts. I haven't had one hiccup or issue through about 9,000 rounds on the SBR and 3,000 on the 9mm carbine. I've banged my SBR around a couple of times and the MRO has held zero and never even flickered. It's pretty spendy compared to Sig or Primary Arms but it's been worth it for me and I wouldn't look back. YMMV.

If you like solar on the Sig, you might look at Holoson as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by derrickgoins View Post

If you like solar on the Sig, you might look at Holoson as well.
    Holosun makes the Sig.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

What ever sight you decide to get, check to make sure it will work with your eyes. If you have any astigmatism at all, the dot may be anything except a dot. A different sight may work just fine, just depends on how the glass is ground. Keeping the reticle intensity setting on the low end will help, but not eliminate the effect.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

User Info Menu

I vote on the trijicon. Made in USA, outstanding customer service. Quality optic.

User Info Menu

Trijicon MRO
    Or Aimpoint Carbine Optic.

Both are inexpensive and give you western manufacturing and quality.
    Do not interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have an MRO on a pcc and I really like it. It’s on a Geissele mount and it works well the field of view is fantastic and the quality is what you would expect from Trijicon. I honestly don’t think you would be disappointed in either. Holosun also makes great products.

User Info Menu

Aimpoint....

I am looking at the Holosun HS515CU also

hANNAbONE -- Uncle Gary, Deacon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast