Why do companies produce such shoddy locks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    [video=youtube;94z0OJ_-4Lo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94z0OJ_-4Lo[/video]

Because the consumer does not want to pay what a quality product costs. They are addicted and spoiled rotten with cheap imported crap.

This would be thought secure by those that think a mask protects them from coved like a magic talisman...

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Because the consumer does not want to pay what a quality product costs. They are addicted and spoiled rotten with cheap imported crap.

This would be thought secure by those that think a mask protects them from coved like a magic talisman...

Why you got to take it that one step too far? We're outside of the politics forum.

It seems that "consumers" also include LEO:
    [video=youtube;lF0uiRS8asc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF0uiRS8asc[/video]

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    1. Because people will buy them.

2. It also shows that once again, TSA security is more theater than substance.

3. I have (or maybe had, I haven't looked for it lately) an email from the TSC security help center stating that TSA locks are acceptable for firearms cases despite that little "only the passenger" clause in the CFR. I don't think it's legal but since it's the TSA enforcing (or not) the rules, TSA locks are okeydoke I guess.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Locks are to keep honest people out. If you are a regular watcher of the maker of the video, you know how many big name locks are junk.
    Exposed hinges are actually laughable on a safe but people buy because the average consumer doesn't pay attention (to just about anything) or critically think about an items intended function.
    This is a problem from the manufacturer at all levels. Something this silly shouldn't get out of the first stages of design.

Top Bottom