• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I just have to post this as a testimony to the type of company Tucker Gunleather is. I have a couple holsters from them and I have always liked them.

I have also owned holsters from makers, some good, some not so good.

The reality is there are quite a few good leather holsters being made. Which means, a successful company that wants to rise above the pack needs to have a differentiator. Superior customer service and a personal touch is one good way to do so in our world or menu driven phones, email, etc.

I purchased a Tucker for my Shield for EDC. I have been practicing more with it and doing holster draws for practice. Yesterday I noticed that the sweat shield prevented me from getting that optimum high grip coming out of the holster so I emailed Rob and asked for some tips on how I could slightly modify the shield to prevent the interference. He responded very quickly and asked for some more detail as he did not think there was any way it would interfere with my grip. So, I sent him a picture.

Twenty minutes later he called me! He stated that the holster was built incorrectly and that they were putting a rush order in and will be sending me a replacement at no charge. He said I could keep the old one.

This type of customer service is what will bring me back again and again. And it will spur me to write stuff like this!

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I just have to post this as a testimony to the type of company Tucker Gunleather is. I have a couple holsters from them and I have always liked them.

I have also owned holsters from makers, some good, some not so good.

The reality is there are quite a few good leather holsters being made. Which means, a successful company that wants to rise above the pack needs to have a differentiator. Superior customer service and a personal touch is one good way to do so in our world or menu driven phones, email, etc.

I purchased a Tucker for my Shield for EDC. I have been practicing more with it and doing holster draws for practice. Yesterday I noticed that the sweat shield prevented me from getting that optimum high grip coming out of the holster so I emailed Rob and asked for some tips on how I could slightly modify the shield to prevent the interference. He responded very quickly and asked for some more detail as he did not think there was any way it would interfere with my grip. So, I sent him a picture.

Twenty minutes later he called me! He stated that the holster was built incorrectly and that they were putting a rush order in and will be sending me a replacement at no charge. He said I could keep the old one.

This type of customer service is what will bring me back again and again. And it will spur me to write

not a big fan of sweat shields on leather holsters. I see them fail constantly in the field. I have witnessed them folding into the opening and they are another edge for the un accomplished shooter to catch his muzzle on or he can’t holster with one hand and without looking. I believe they are a marketing tool that may not be the best design for real use. The Kydex sweat shields seem to work okay as they are usually stiff and thin enough to stay put. Having said all this, never in my 50 years of toting side arms have I ever minded feeling my gun on my skin. They have not rusted out either. Go figure. To each their own.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Would be interested to see comparison pics of old and new once you get it.

I should be able to arrange that Web. My wife was asking me what was made wrong. I said that I didn't know but we would find out when I get the replacement.

She is betting the angle is off.:)

Top Bottom