Any experience with the new Holosun 507k/407k's yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I’ve heard in some reviews it’s line looking through a fishbowl. How’s the glass for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The glass is pretty good for what it is, a very small Chinese red dot. There my be a little fisheye out near the edges but I don't even notice it. It's not like the glass on my Trijicon is great. The 507k is about a million times better than the junk Romeo Zero the 365 came with. The adjustment buttons work well and are easy to get at. The dot is very bright and doesn't wash out easily. It is nice to ba able to change the battery without removing the optic from the slide. I can't comment on durability yet as I only have 3 range sessions and about 400 rounds through it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The glass is pretty good for what it is, a very small Chinese red dot. There my be a little fisheye out near the edges but I don't even notice it. It's not like the glass on my Trijicon is great. The 507k is about a million times better than the junk Romeo Zero the 365 came with. The adjustment buttons work well and are easy to get at. The dot is very bright and doesn't wash out easily. It is nice to ba able to change the battery without removing the optic from the slide. I can't comment on durability yet as I only have 3 range sessions and about 400 rounds through it.

I didn't realize that it is available now. When did you get it?

How is the 6 moa dot? I have the smaller dot on my 407C so I'm a little concerned about the dot being huge to me.

After I get some time with my 407C on my M&P 2.0 Compact I may have my Shield slide cut for the K. How do you think it will fit a Shield? Specs say its less than an 1" wide. Barely, but still less.:)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I didn't realize that it is available now. When did you get it?

How is the 6 moa dot? I have the smaller dot on my 407C so I'm a little concerned about the dot being huge to me.

After I get some time with my 407C on my M&P 2.0 Compact I may have my Shield slide cut for the K. How do you think it will fit a Shield? Specs say its less than an 1" wide. Barely, but still less.:)

I got it from Optics Planet a couple of weeks ago

I will have to look at the owners manual but I think the dot is smaller than 6 moa. I have a dot and circle. Isn't it the 407k that has the 6moa dot?

I assume it would fit well on a shield. It fits great on my 365xl.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I got it from Optics Planet a couple of weeks ago

I will have to look at the owners manual but I think the dot is smaller than 6 moa. I have a dot and circle. Isn't it the 407k that has the 6moa dot?

I assume it would fit well on a shield. It fits great on my 365xl.

Yeah, the 407k has the big dot. If the 507 has a smaller dot when you turn off the circle, that would work.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    They had one at shoot point blank south but it’s gone. I had a 508t crap out on me yesterday and in a fit of loss of confidence I bought the swampfox sentinel manual adjust version to throw on my Hellcat osp or Canik elite sc or p10s. With the code WLSISLIFE you get 21%off

https://youtu.be/T9MhVK9Iyk0

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/sentinel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be interesting in knowing more about the Swampfox. Seems like we are going from Trijicon to Holosun and now Swampfox in terms of quality. Does anyone know anything about Swampfox?

How long have you had your 508T? Do you know what "crapped" out on you? What is Holosun's warranty?

I have a Holosun 407C and am looking for a dot for my Shield. I would buy a Trijicon but they don't have one that small yet. Plus, Trijicon had their own issues early on so they may not be as bulletproof as we would like to believe.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    From my understanding Holosun is supposed to have a good warranty but lately customer service has been harder to get ahold of, I"ll try making a claim later today.
    I have many Holosun's and will remain a fan of the tube style and enclosed styles that I have on a few PCC's.
    I have the first gen 508t with the battery on the underside, not the updated version with the side loading battery tray and oversized adjustment buttons.
    I had the 508t on a Stribog and noticed the screws were loose so I took out all the screws, placed a small dab of fresh vibratite, put it back in the same position the behind where the charging handle locks back on the Stribog. I did a laser bore quick resight and then dry fired. What was weird was that when ever I pulled the trigger the red dot would start fading out then slowly come back. It's never done that before in live fire. I did a few more dry fires and then it got to the point where the dot just died. I unmounted the red dot and the dot went live again.
    I remounted it and this time after one charge and dry fire the dot died and wouldn't come back on all night.
    This morning I checked out the dot which I left sitting on my desk and the light is on at its brightest setting. Something wonky happened.

Top Bottom