• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm looking for a good brand of horizontal owb single magazine pouches. It will be carried around the 7-8 o'clock position on my belt. I prefer leather but a good kydex pouch would work as well. I would like some to fit my Shield 45 mags, and one to fit my CZ P10F mags.

Does anyone use these or know of a company that sells them?

I found something like this one but would like some of your opinions on which would be a good one to invest in.
    https://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/magpouch-joab-horizontal/

Or do we have a Hoosier business that makes something like this.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Those seem reasonable, have seen some good reviews of his stuff before.

I use Lobo Gun Leather, not sure if they make a horizontal but you can always ask.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Do you want it so it doesn't poke you in the gut or love handles like a vert pouch can, or do you want it for increased concealability?

I've got a Dale Rick horizontal shield mag pouch, it's nicely made, but not very concealable imo. For concealment, I've found I can just barely thread a blue force gear pistol mag on to my belt horizontally. These things are super slim, and fairly cheap.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have the one you link. I have had fantastic results with all of Dale's products and use them almost exclusively despite a couple of drawers full of stuff from other manufacturers. That being said, horizontal owb
    mag pouch does not work for me. Comfort level is great, concealment not so much. That is me though, YMMV.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Dale frick makes a good single stack kydex horizontal.

safariland has a really really good double stack mag leather Velcro horizontal rig. (Used edc for about 10+ yrs)

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have used Dale Fricke holsters, as wells as several friends, and he makes quality stuff.

A few years ago I looked for the least bulky horizontal mag holder I could find, and came up with this one on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TROEBYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Says its made in USA. I have worn it on left side about 10 o'clock since January 2017, first with a 15 round Glock 19 mag and since the 2018 NRA convention in Dallas with a 19-round Glock 19X magazine.

It shows no sign of cracking, shows very little wear. The magazine has always been held securely. It can be taken on and off with out removing my belt, but it has never come off on its own.

The only thing I would change about it is to make a double mag holder, although with two 19X magazines I'd probably list to port all the time.

I bought it for $25 with no shipping charge, current price seems to be $19.99 plus 4.99 shipping. So... two cents cheaper!

I recommend it.

qwickwire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I started this quest several years ago and I settled on a Desantis horizontal magazine pouch. They have since discontinued this model. However, you will still see them from time to time on ebay, sometimes in new condition. I almost went with the Galco HMC, which is still in production.

Both Desantis and Galco make good products that hold up well over time.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I found a local leather shop im going to stop by see if he can make what i want. I like to try and keep my money local if possible. If not thank you all for your recommendations. If the local leather shop can I'll post pictures of it here.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Lobo gun leathers is making me a mag pouch going to run $72. When I get it in I'll post pictures. They said it will be ready in a few weeks. They just started working on it.

Top Bottom