• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Hey guys! Just picked up a Hellcat OSP and was looking at RDS options other than the Shield/JPoint sights.

Came across Swampfox Sentinel. Anyone know anything about the company or sight? Never heard of them, but to be honest this is a subject I don't keep a hard watch on.

I am reading it fits on the Hellcat with no modifications. I am also reading it uses the RMR footprint. And this is where I get confused because the Hellcat uses the Shield footprint, which doesn't match the RMR footprint. Unless I am totally and completely wrong, which according to my loving wife is almost always...

What say you guys? About it fitting, not whether you side with my wife! LOL

Thanks!

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I've had my eye on Swampfox lately. I want to try the Sentinel and Arrowhead 1-10x.

The sentinel will fit the Hellcat. Their Liberty and Justice models are RMR footprint. Use code "WLSISLIFE" for 21% off from the We Like Shooting podcast or find them on experticity.com if you're a Vet or first responder for a better discount.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I have a liberty and a justice. They are working great, one is the backup optic on my duty AR. I beat it up pretty well after receiving it. I would not hesitate on the sentinel.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    The sentinel uses the shield rmsc/smsc/Romeo zero/jpoint footprint
    The Liberty and Justice use the RMR footprint

I have the Liberty with the protective Old Ironside hood on my p10s and it's working great. I was quick to get a zero with it and got it zeroed at 25 yards, although I'm now reading the philosophy of the industry has shifted to a 10-15 yard zero for carry optics.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Look into the new smaller Holosun offerings over the Johnny-come-lately optics. I think you'll be glad that you did.

Holosun makes the 2nd best MRDS (for a pistol slide) on the market today.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Look into the new smaller Holosun offerings over the Johnny-come-lately optics. I think you'll be glad that you did.

Holosun makes the 2nd best MRDS (for a pistol slide) on the market today.
    I have looked into Holosun's 507k and it doesn't fit the Hellcat without modifying the gun. The rear (I think) lugs need to ground down and something else needs changed.

I really don't want to grind on a slide that is already cut for a red dot.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Top Bottom