• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Those of you who have a CZ you know what would attach the CZ 11mm dovetail milled into the top of its receiver.

This is what I found on the CZ webstie:
    - CZ 457 1 INCH ALUMINUM RINGS, 11MM DOVETAIL
    sku: 40086
    $29.99

- CZ 457 30MM ALUMINUM RINGS, 11MM DOVETAIL
    sku: 40087
    $29.99

- CZUB 457 WEAVER RAIL 0 MOAOUT OF STOCK SKU 10709057
    $99.00

I have cantilever rings that work for me b/c they lift up the scope & I turn them around so the are "leaning" back toward my eyes/neck.
    This is needful b/c of neck issues: it doesn't "scrunch" down/over/forward well, to look through an optic.
    I need a scope to be high and as back as far as possible.
    I turn the cantilever rings around backwards to work for me like on my two Rugers.

Would this fit on the 11mm dovetail or would I have to put a rail that fits on the dovetail?
    Are there any cantilever rings that would fit on a dovetail?
    I had cantilever rings on a Henry lever action once, but I think it had a rail that attached to the dovetail on it.
    I have rings that attach to the dovetail on my Henry Pump .22LR with a scope in them, but not quite high enough for me since they aren't cantilever rings.
    aJOCSpc.jpg

Vortex Sonora 4-12x44 Riflescope w/ Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
    Specifications:
    Reticle: Dead-Hold BDC
    Tube Size: 1"
    Length: 13.5"
    Weight: 15.8 oz.
    Eye Relief: 4"

Vortex Cantilever Ring Mount For 1" Tube with 2" Offset
    Use this cantilever mount for mounting 1-inch telescopic sights onto flattop style AR-15 rifles.
    The 2-inch offset of this cantilever mount positions the scope in a forward location, allowing the correct eye relief and head placement on an AR-15. Aluminum construction.

Features:
    The cantilever ring mount positions the center of the riflescope tube at a height of 1.59 inches (40.39 mm) from the base.
    Specifications:
    Model: CM-102
    Mount Style: Cantilever
    Offset: 2"
    Rings: 1"

Included in Bundle:
    5165490517 Vortex Sanora 4-12x44 - Dead-Hold BDC - SON-412
    506424 Vortex Cantilever Ring Mount For 1" Tube w/2" Offset CM-102

My cantilever & scope arrangement on my RPR:
    l473zyE.jpg

My cantilever & scope arrangement on my 10/22
    qBoNln0.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m sorry Mr Doddg, I’m not exactly sure what your question is but I think the first part of the answer is this:

https://www.area419.com/product/cz457-scope-base/

Well, that's not good.
    Asking for what will work for the CZ 11mm dovetail to attach cantilever rings to it.

Thanks for your suggestion!
    I saw that on the CZ site or something like it, and their are other things I found this evening looking.
    Some rings attach directly to the 11mm dovetail, but if I want to use cantilever rings I'll have to go with more along the line of your suggestion.

Someone out there is using something that will be perfect for me.
    I have bought a rail before just to find out it didn't work.
    Fortunately, about a year later I was able to use it on another gun.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I have this rail on my CZ 457 and it’s great. I originally bought one for my 455 per Alan at A&A Optics. He definitely highly recommended a conversion rail and traditional pic rings. He didn’t seem to think Weaver-style ring attachments were worth it, and he knows way more than I do. Here’s a link to the 457 rail that I believe would fit your gun. As always, verify independently...
    https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1422401&CAT=3600

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd go with mildots or mrad over any BDC. And only look at 30mm tubes.

If middle aged or more looking for precision, err on the side of more magnification. 24X way way better than anything in the teens if you ever intend to stretch out much or hit tiny targets.

I really like the idea of relatively buy once cry once, on top of a pricier QD mount system that could move between guns.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have this rail on my CZ 457 and it’s great. I originally bought one for my 455 per Alan at A&A Optics.
    He definitely highly recommended a conversion rail and traditional pic rings.
    He didn’t seem to think Weaver-style ring attachments were worth it, and he knows way more than I do.
    Here’s a link to the 457 rail that I believe would fit your gun. As always, verify independently...

Alan has been recommended a couple of times at least, as a resource for the proper set up.
    I looked at your site & came across that rail as well.
    Thanks for verifying that you have experience with it & it has served you well.
    Much appreciated.
    :thumbsup:

I'd go with mildots or mrad over any BDC. And only look at 30mm tubes.

I'll have to look those terms up, I barely know what a reticle is. :laugh:
    I think you might be talking about the scope & not the rings. :scratch:
    If I was trying to cover up my ignorance, I'd check first. :laugh:

If middle aged or more looking for precision, err on the side of more magnification.
    24X way way better than anything in the teens if you ever intend to stretch out much or hit tiny targets.

I get that with just jumping from 25 yds indoor to 100 yds outdoor.
    Everything from my binoculars to the scopes on the rifles are compromised.

I really like the idea of relatively buy once cry once, on top of a pricier QD mount system that could move between guns.

I could learn from that adage. :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Doddg my gunsmith has made several scope mounts for people with disabilities. Some are really different, but the person he makes them for love them and are able to shoot rifles again. If you are interested I can give you his number and you call him about a mount that would be build to your needs and specifications. PM me if interested.

You can then take that mount and put it on different rifles if you wish, or have him build you several :cool:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Buy the DIP rail. I have one on my 457 MTR. The area 419 rail is overpriced IMO

Personal recommendations on a less expensive product works for me. :)
    I usually get the "Toyota Corolla" level of items when I guy anything, not the Cadillac. :laugh:
    My two scopes I have now are a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 & a Hawke Vintage 3-9x40: simple, good quality, not top-of-the-line, but solid & do the job in their price range.
    Both are good for 100 yds, but probably not for more, but I can't imagine shooting at more than 100 yds since MCFG only goes to that.
    I had a Nikon 4-12x40 that I let go with an RPR I sold b/c I didn't need it for my indoor range. :wallbash:
    Lesson learned.

Doddg my gunsmith has made several scope mounts for people with disabilities. Some are really different, but the person he makes them for love them and are able to shoot rifles again. If you are interested I can give you his number and you call him about a mount that would be build to your needs and specifications. PM me if interested.
    You can then take that mount and put it on different rifles if you wish, or have him build you several :cool:

DadSmith, your consistent helpful insight puts you on my list of positive people here on INGO for sure.
    I reluctant to waste someone's time if I know I might not buy from them.
    I would imagine that would cost hundreds to get the "perfect" fit, not what I'm looking at.
    If I was going to be shooting all day, or in competitions, you probably know that I'll spend whatever $$ when I deem it "necessary." :dunno::laugh:
    I will pm you though, b/c my neck is not going to get better, but has gotten worse progressively and it might get to the "necessary" level.
    As always, thanks for taking the time! :thumbsup:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Personal recommendations on a less expensive product works for me. :)
    I usually get the "Toyota Corolla" level of items when I guy anything, not the Cadillac. :laugh:
    My two scopes I have now are a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 & a Hawke Vintage 3-9x40: simple, good quality, not top-of-the-line, but solid & do the job in their price range.
    Both are good for 100 yds, but probably not for more, but I can't imagine shooting at more than 100 yds since MCFG only goes to that.
    I had a Nikon 4-12x40 that I let go with an RPR I sold b/c I didn't need it for my indoor range. :wallbash:
    Lesson learned.

DadSmith, your consistent helpful insight puts you on my list of positive people here on INGO for sure.
    I reluctant to waste someone's time if I know I might not buy from them.
    I would imagine that would cost hundreds to get the "perfect" fit, not what I'm looking at.
    If I was going to be shooting all day, or in competitions, you probably know that I'll spend whatever $$ when I deem it "necessary." :dunno::laugh:
    I will pm you though, b/c my neck is not going to get better, but has gotten worse progressively and it might get to the "necessary" level.
    As always, thanks for taking the time! :thumbsup:

No problem. He's pretty reasonable with his prices. You will probably have to visit him so he can get measurements and an idea of what you want.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have this rail on my CZ 457 and it’s great. I originally bought one for my 455 per Alan at A&A Optics. He definitely highly recommended a conversion rail and traditional pic rings. He didn’t seem to think Weaver-style ring attachments were worth it, and he knows way more than I do. Here’s a link to the 457 rail that I believe would fit your gun. As always, verify independently...

Buy the DIP rail. I have one on my 457 MTR. The area 419 rail is overpriced IMO

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
    I just finished ordering one.

CZ 457 Scope Mount
    Item: CZ-19078
    In Stock
    Manufacturer: DIP, inc
    Your Price: $39.97

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have the 455 trainer and agree, and I also have old eyes.

I can't believe that after 2 years of wanting to get a CZ rifle that I end up buying the wrong one: bummer! :dunno:
    It will be interesting to see why the 457 Trainer doesn't work scoped.

If it is as bad as 2 members here have mentioned, I look forward to seeing how much it hurts my neck trying to make it work.
    If the bolt & the trigger aren't smoother than the RPR (not impressed with either on the RPR), I will be greatly disappointed. :crying:

If it is not a better shooter & I gain nothing I'll try a different model before I give up on CZ rifles & go another route (Jaguar has a 28" barrel).
    I didn't intend to keep both the RPR & the CZ 457 trainer, anyway, but I didn't anticipate the CZ not besting the RPR.

Oh well, it part of "the journey" and this will all be over in 3 weeeks & maybe two: it's being shipped out of TX in 10-14 days & it's been a week so far.

Last edited:

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I wouldn't despair about having gotten the wrong one of I were you. American and varmint profile stocks pop up for sale fairly often over on Rimfire central.They aren't super expensive and would allow for a more comfortable cheek weld.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Considering that you prefer a completely different scope setup than the average shooter, it may be just what you need. You'll find out soon enough.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I don't have the bux to buy a CZ but I did have the money to mount the DIP rail for my Savage .22. Best money spent esp since the Mark II came with a free hideous heavy tri-rail system. Yuck!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Considering that you prefer a completely different scope setup than the average shooter, it may be just what you need. You'll find out soon enough.

Hi gmcttr!
    Yes, my neck is cranky alright!
    There have been rifles I've shot that I cannot get my neck down low enough to see the sights on them.
    The miracle of cantilever rings turned round backwards makes it workable, though.

Top Bottom