• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm sure some of our Ingo Glock owners may have heard about this but I have'nt really been aware of this device before that is designed to aid in safely holstering a Glock firearm. Especially for those that appendix carry.

It's essentially a hinged replacement slide backing plate that prevents the rearward motion of the trigger/striker when you place your thumb on the backing plate while holstering much like you would do with the hammer on a hammer fired pistol. It moves freely back and forth while firing and does'nt interfere with the function of the pistol.

It's a bit pricey but it looks to be a good design that's been around for awhile and from what I have seen in researching it a bit on youtube it has been rigorously tested and endorsed by many in the firearms training industry.

Just wondering what other Glock owners thoughts might be on this device. Here's a link to the manufacturer's web sight and one of a number of youtube videos that I came across while doing some research. Check it out:

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/

SCD-3_530x@2x.png

[video=youtube;tbitKfbOEUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbitKfbOEUE[/video]

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I know of some rather well respected dudes in the training community who are fans of them. I don't yet have one - but I'd like to one day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont own one, but dont see a problem with them per se. Seems like a solid concept in reducing the likelihood of NDs.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It was a long time in development by some smart people Including Todd Louis Green I believe.. I have no doubt it is quality kit. Whether you need one or not is up to each individual. I don't see any harm in it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Even though they are a bit pricey I like the concept and design. So much so that I ordered one for my G43x. I think it's a good investment in another level of security when holstering/unholstering a striker fired Glock. They may not be for everyone but they have me interested in trying one out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like a solution without a problem.
    Tell that to the number of people that have had an AD while holstering a striker fired Glock. They could've maybe benefitted from a device such as this. But like I said. It may not be for everyone's taste. I'm interested in giving one a try though. They have some useful merit IMO.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Tell that to the number of people that have had an AD while holstering a striker fired Glock. They could've maybe benefitted from a device such as this. But like I said. It may not be for everyone's taste. I'm interested in giving one a try though. They have some useful merit IMO.

There’s no such thing as an accidental discharge, only negligent ones. If you can’t trust yourself to reholster without one then you need to train more. You asked for Glock owners thoughts, I offered it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Ask the Deputy that holstered his Glock and got a jacket cinch cord stuck in his trigger guard causing a ND if this would have helped. There is definitely a problem out there that this solves; the one where something gets inside the trigger guard as you holster and something that could provide feedback as you try to drive your pistol home into the holster to prevent a ND.(when you feel the flap press against your thumb you know to stop because something is pressing the trigger as you holster)

Is it required? Nope. Is it helpful for the singlar situation of preventing NDs from foreign objects entering the trigger guard during holstering? You betcha. Install one or not, I have no preference. But to say that they are worthless is a lie; they do help the specific situation of something snagging the trigger during holstering.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There’s no such thing as an accidental discharge, only negligent ones. If you can’t trust yourself to reholster without one then you need to train more. You asked for Glock owners thoughts, I offered it.
    Duly noted and I appreciate your input.

I’m not looking to get in a pissing match over this. I’ve discovered there has been plenty of that going on in other forum discussions outside of Ingo about this device.

My only point was that IMO this device has a useful purpose. That’s all I’m saying. There are others that have a prominent profile in firearm instruction that agree.

As a matter of fact there is one that posted in this thread.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    To further the discussion on my position I can give an example of this device being a solution to a potential concern.

I’m sure there are many of us that know who Tim from the Military Arms Channel is and can agree that he is a prominent knowledgeable firearms enthusiast that used to strong side carry a Glock 19 for many years at I believe to be the 4:00 position.

It was a after he made the switch to appendix carry that he decided to carry a hammer fired CZ in favor of the G19.

One of the reasons he gave for doing so was after decocking the CZ he could place his thumb on the hammer while holstering and receive immediate feedback to a potential trigger obstruction that could result in a discharge. Something he could not do with a striker fired Glock.

Well it seems to me that this device should be able to alleviate that concern to a certain extent because it basically performs the same function.

Therefore resulting in a solution.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There’s no such thing as an accidental discharge, only negligent ones.

I know of exactly ONE incident where a kydex holster flexed enough to depress a pistol's trigger and caused the gun to go off - and shoot a guy in his leg.

Making absolute statements is, IMO, ignorant.

However, in the context of THIS discussion, The Gadget, wouldn't have helped in the above incident.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I know of exactly ONE incident where a kydex holster flexed enough to depress a pistol's trigger and caused the gun to go off - and shoot a guy in his leg.

However, in the context of THIS discussion, The Gadget, wouldn't have helped in the above incident.

That's a holster issue. Not a firearm issue. Just like not making sure you’re holster is clear of clothing and foreign objects is a user error. If it makes you feel "safer", go for it.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Exactly.. Only down side I can see is debris making it's way into a VERY vital part of the ignition system and you still have to remember to put your thumb on back of the slide when reholstering for it to function. Might be just as easy to make sure your holster is clear before putting the gun away. As Col. Cooper was fond of saying "your safety is between your ears".

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

SPB Links

dfcrane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Feb 25, 2011
    South West Indiana

Can you give more details or links to this ONE incident you know about where a kydex holster flexed enough to shoot a guy in his leg? I have heard people talk about worn out leather holsters flexing and potentially being dangerous, but never heard of a kydex holster flexing enough to depress a pistol's trigger. I have six kydex holsters and none of them have much of any flex in them.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Can you give more details or links to this ONE incident you know about where a kydex holster flexed enough to shoot a guy in his leg? I have heard people talk about worn out leather holsters flexing and potentially being dangerous, but never heard of a kydex holster flexing enough to depress a pistol's trigger. I have six kydex holsters and none of them have much of any flex in them.

There's a thread on here somewhere about it.

I think it was this one:

https://concealednation.org/2018/06...pendix-carry-position-negligence-or-accident/

Kydex can't "flex" enough to do that per se. If when it's molded and not enough of the trigger is blocked out then you can run into issues. I thought someone had said that he had an aftermarket trigger but I could be misremembering that.

Top Bottom