Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Glock Striker Control Device

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Glock Striker Control Device

I'm sure some of our Ingo Glock owners may have heard about this but I have'nt really been aware of this device before that is designed to aid in safely holstering a Glock firearm. Especially for those that appendix carry.

It's essentially a hinged replacement slide backing plate that prevents the rearward motion of the trigger/striker when you place your thumb on the backing plate while holstering much like you would do with the hammer on a hammer fired pistol. It moves freely back and forth while firing and does'nt interfere with the function of the pistol.

It's a bit pricey but it looks to be a good design that's been around for awhile and from what I have seen in researching it a bit on youtube it has been rigorously tested and endorsed by many in the firearms training industry.

Just wondering what other Glock owners thoughts might be on this device. Here's a link to the manufacturer's web sight and one of a number of youtube videos that I came across while doing some research. Check it out:

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/

Last edited by KG1; 08-09-2020 at 05:41.

User Info Menu

I know of some rather well respected dudes in the training community who are fans of them. I don't yet have one - but I'd like to one day.

User Info Menu

I dont own one, but dont see a problem with them per se. Seems like a solid concept in reducing the likelihood of NDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

It was a long time in development by some smart people Including Todd Louis Green I believe.. I have no doubt it is quality kit. Whether you need one or not is up to each individual. I don't see any harm in it.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

$89

User Info Menu

Very cool. Glock should put that on all their handguns.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Even though they are a bit pricey I like the concept and design. So much so that I ordered one for my G43x. I think it's a good investment in another level of security when holstering/unholstering a striker fired Glock. They may not be for everyone but they have me interested in trying one out.

User Info Menu

Looks like a solution without a problem.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hpclayto View Post
    Looks like a solution without a problem.
    Tell that to the number of people that have had an AD while holstering a striker fired Glock. They could've maybe benefitted from a device such as this. But like I said. It may not be for everyone's taste. I'm interested in giving one a try though. They have some useful merit IMO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    I know of some rather well respected dudes in the training community who are fans of them. I don't yet have one - but I'd like to one day.
    This is my input too.

If I carried appendix, I think I'd just go DA/SA though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast