Need opinions on better ratchet gun belt.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    I bought a Kore essentials gun ratchet belt. I really like the functionality of it and will never use the old style belt again, but after only a couple of years this belt is very worn. The problem is that it uses a plastic liner with two very thin slabs of leather on each side and the plastic liner is already broken in three places and the leather is Scratched, like It has some kind of decorative film over the leather.

I would be willing to spend more money if I can find a belt with better quality leather or if the ratchet mechanism can be sewn into a one piece high-grade leather.

I need leather, not nylon.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 7C1F4B3B-36D3-4A0C-8825-BA6A23AABB47.jpg
      7C1F4B3B-36D3-4A0C-8825-BA6A23AABB47.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 19
    • 7C1F4B3B-36D3-4A0C-8825-BA6A23AABB47.jpg
      7C1F4B3B-36D3-4A0C-8825-BA6A23AABB47.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 15
    Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you'd entertain a traditional hole and pin belt again, The Daltech Force Super Bio Belt is amazeballs. Looks like leather, and it is seemingly indestructible. I've been wearing one for the past 5 years and still looks brand new.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Kore is the best to my knowledge after trying the Bigfoot belts, and having the leather (non reinforced) holes stretch Once again, I gave up and come to the nylon kore.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    All ratchet style buckles are primarily based on the same design. So differences are minimal. I have two Kore belts and they have been replaced by Ares belts or Daltech unless I am in dress clothes.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I have a NextBelt ratcheting belt. It's "OK" for what it is.

IMO, it's not heavy duty enough for a G19-sized or larger firearm. But it's pretty good, so far, for a Shield.

I don't expect to get 10+ years out of this belt like I have with my Beltman leather belt. But it's good for what it is and is my every-day belt regardless if there's a holster involved or not.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I used to have a "Dickie's" brand that I bought late 90's early 2000's. Loved that belt because I could adjust it easy when sitting.

Just ordered me a Kore belt. Thanks for the thread.

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just got my new Kore belt today, no thanks to the USPS who sent it every where around the country before finally getting it to Indianapolis last night.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If you'd entertain a traditional hole and pin belt again, The Daltech Force Super Bio Belt is amazeballs. Looks like leather, and it is seemingly indestructible. I've been wearing one for the past 5 years and still looks brand new.

Yep, +1.

Top Bottom