• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would like to give an opinion on the 407k but unfortunately I haven’t received the one I ordered 2 months ago.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, they are still kinda new to the market. I have heard that the folks that do have them, got in on some early releases intended for pros to beta test them in the real world. Not sure if that's fact or they are not able to get them produced yet, but that is what I heard.

I have a 407C on my 2.0 Compact M&P and I think it's going to work out fine for me. I'm still working on getting some time with it. When it was gone for 4 weeks or so getting the slide milled and sights added, etc, I shot my Shield with irons a LOT. And right now I actually shoot that one better than my Compact.

I'm pretty sure it's just that I need time to get used to the dot vs irons but time will tell.

Either I will get used to the dot and put the 407K on my Shield or I will go back to irons on my Compact. Right now I'd say it's a 90% chance I will stay with the red dot. I'm old and my vision is not great and more importantly I struggle with front sight focus vs target focus.

Everything I have been taught in life is to keep your eyes on the target. Except in shooting.

I will say this; I'm not afraid to run a Holosun on any of my firearms. Maybe it's not as good as Trijicon, maybe it is. But it is good enough for me.

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    My old eyes aren't the same either, so if you feel it's bright enough, that says a lot!

Yeah, they are still kinda new to the market. I have heard that the folks that do have them, got in on some early releases intended for pros to beta test them in the real world. Not sure if that's fact or they are not able to get them produced yet, but that is what I heard.

I have a 407C on my 2.0 Compact M&P and I think it's going to work out fine for me. I'm still working on getting some time with it. When it was gone for 4 weeks or so getting the slide milled and sights added, etc, I shot my Shield with irons a LOT. And right now I actually shoot that one better than my Compact.

I'm pretty sure it's just that I need time to get used to the dot vs irons but time will tell.

Either I will get used to the dot and put the 407K on my Shield or I will go back to irons on my Compact. Right now I'd say it's a 90% chance I will stay with the red dot. I'm old and my vision is not great and more importantly I struggle with front sight focus vs target focus.

Everything I have been taught in life is to keep your eyes on the target. Except in shooting.

I will say this; I'm not afraid to run a Holosun on any of my firearms. Maybe it's not as good as Trijicon, maybe it is. But it is good enough for me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Get used to waiting. I ordered my 507k on 5/14/20 and just got an update that it will not ship until 9/17/20.
    Yeah they kept pushing back the eta on me too. I canceled the order and bought a Trijicon rmr.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I know Suarez does milling and has an rmr mounting plate for the 43/43x/48. I don’t think it’s that bad but that’s just my opinion.

nsa-43-128__65527.1537559943.jpg

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Sent it off to some place in Texas and had the slide milled. Maple Leaf firearms or something like that.

No need to mail it off halfway across the country when we have ZR Tactical here in central Indiana. ZRTS has milled my pistols for RMRs, Shield RMS/RMSc, etc. They do FANTASTIC work.

PS. The Holosun 407k/507k both use the same milling pattern as the Shield RMSc

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

My old eyes aren't the same either, so if you feel it's bright enough, that says a lot!

Same here. Age- eyes. I'm looking to put one on my HK P2000SK. Might wait until Shot is over to see what new toys may be announced.

:ingo:

Top Bottom