• ...and so much more!
  • MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    With a proprietary footprint ugh.
    I hope the Holosun 507k/rmsc remains industry standard for microcompacts and Trijicon has to do an about face like Sig did with their stupid proprietary optics footprint.

7fdb63631d4e1d5de40760f4d9691199.jpg

07d369f0d042ae3090eeef89fb306318.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Trijicon lost any $$$ from me several years ago with pathetic customer service. They still think of themselves as the industry "leader", hence the proprietary footprint when coming into the market late. They are a step behind the industry now and I can't imagine they will catch up.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Trijicon lost any $$$ from me several years ago with pathetic customer service. They still think of themselves as the industry "leader", hence the proprietary footprint when coming into the market late. They are a step behind the industry now and I can't imagine they will catch up.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Trijicon strikes me as a company that let their R&D dept go a long time ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't like the idea of a proprietary mount at all, agreed on that point. But their RMR Dual Illuminated Reflex Sight is hard to beat to this day in my opinion.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I don't like the idea of a proprietary mount at all, agreed on that point. But their RMR Dual Illuminated Reflex Sight is hard to beat to this day in my opinion.

I got the green dot en route from big daddy unlimited to try out on a p10s because I got tired of waiting for another he508tv2. It’ll be my first trijicon so we’ll see how it does. If i do t like it on a carry pistol it’ll go on a range toy p80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have been wanting Trijicon to release this size of RDS for a couple years now. Unfortunately, the Shield & Holosun may have beat Trijicon to the punch so badly that I am not even sure I am going to buy this optic. The proprietary footprint is a big negative.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I just got a 10 minute response from Trijicon customer service via email on an item that got broken on MY end. They are replacing the RMR at no cost so I guess I'm just lucky? Having their own proprietary footprint is nothing big as most weapons come with adapters. Wish they would do a battery replacement without sight removal but I can live with it.

Bob

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Great! I'll buy 1 possibly 2.
    Been waiting for this one. Now I can ditch the shield optic. Not that it's been anything but reliable, but there is peace of mind having a trijicon on my glocks.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I was initially skeptical about the Holosun optics (Chinese stigma) but I've had experience with several Holosuns for about a year and I'm completely satisfied. Not sure about Holosun customer service since the ones I've had functioned flawlessly right of out the box, unlike the RMR I had.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Does anyone know what the dot size is?

I'm not overly interested as I have confidence in Holosun and I like the side access battery feature of the Holosun but I'll still check it out.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thanks. The 3.5 would work for me.

How's the beta testing on the 507K coming along?

Real well. So far the only negative I have found is I don't get near the battery life they claim. HOWEVER, that was using substandard batteries and leaving it on with the circle dot all of the time. 2 weeks ago I put my first Duracell in, I have high hopes

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I was dumping on Trijicon at first based on hearing that the footprint for the RMRcc was proprieatary. But now that I’m looking at what the footprint of the cut looks like it looks very familiar.
    I just got a zev365 slide as zev was one of the 3rd parties tapped by Sig to made custom slides with direct support from Sig. zev billed their cut as accepting of the holosun 407k/507k and RMSC line without modification.
    Holosun talked about in a video how they would be working with oem's to make their cut the industry standard for microcompacts as it's accepting of all the microdots. This could actually be Trijicon playing ball for once.
    The cut on my slide looks exactly like what is pictured here.
    This may mean that the RMRcc cut will be universal to the 407k/507k and RMSC. We’ll only know once they let the YouTubers start testing.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 4.10.39 PM.jpg

Last edited:

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The more I read about putting red dots on pistols, the more I see why some say it's better to get a standard slide and have it cut for your optic.

I would have bought a 2.0 Compact if they had the optics cut from the factory.

Instead I had my slide cut to fit my optic. And it fits perfectly. Plus the cut fits the Holosun and Trijicon so I'm good to go since those are the only two I will buy anyway.

Top Bottom